Recommend me a mattress

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Recommend me a mattress

Post by Tim Burton »

What kind of mattress should I get? Should I get a Tempurpedic or a Sleep Number Bed?

Does anyone have experience between the two?
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Recommend me a mattress

Post by Sparky »

We've had a Simons Beautyrest Exceptionale for about 7 years now and love it. For two people with different work / sleep schedules it's great. I get up pretty early and it doesn't wake my wife when I get up, nor does it wake me when she comes to bed after I’m asleep. The coils really do work.

http://www.simmons.com/products/brands/ ... onale.html
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

I have the Simons version of a Tempurpedic and I like it. The difference between the two is that the Simons has a layer of laytex so you don't sink in the bed. I compared the to side by side and I choose the Simons. The price was aroud 2,300 for a king. I would not get a sleep number bed because moisture gets in the air bed and causes mold to develop and you can't fix it. The sleep number bed also doesn't hold its shape very well either.

Try a side by side comparison of all the mattress you are thinking of buying. My wife put her knee in the Tempupedic and the imprint of her knee stayed for a very long time. The Simons bounced right back. Gook luck, Trying to find good info on the internet is hard to do. I felt myself going round in circles. After that I just started going to stores and trying them all out for myself.
GI-JOE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by GI-JOE »

Your best bet would go to a mattress store (with displays) and try them all. My mattress was $300 at Ollie's and it is by far way more comfortable than my parent's mattress which cost about 4x that! :lol:
-----------------------------------------------------
- CoolerMaster Elite 330
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 3.16ghz (9.5 x 333 @ 1.12 volts)
- Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
- 4 GB G-Skill DDR2 800
- Asus 8800GT 512mb w/Glaciator Fansink
- Antec Trio TruePower 650w
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Sparky wrote:We've had a Simons Beautyrest Exceptionale for about 7 years now and love it. For two people with different work / sleep schedules it's great. I get up pretty early and it doesn't wake my wife when I get up, nor does it wake me when she comes to bed after I’m asleep. The coils really do work.

http://www.simmons.com/products/brands/ ... onale.html
Funny thing - epinions says it sux..LOL - http://www99.epinions.com/reviews/Simmo ... ceptionale

You really have to go and try them! Wife and I fell in love with the Sleep Number beds but the prices are so friggin ridiculous we could not justify buying one! With my neck and back in the shape they are, I need something adjustable so I can change it as my neck/back get worse. We have had NO luck finding anything reasonable yet. I use a regular crappy air mattress right now (like you use for camping) and she uses a regualr mattress. With a king bed you can use 2 Twin XL mattresses if you each want a different comfort/style.

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

I second the try them out method (and if you nod off on one buy it!) its a matter of preference and so many variables which is why you cant go by some of the opinions/reviews other than finding what might be poorly constructed.

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

Funny thing - epinions says it sux..LOL - http://www99.epinions.com/reviews/Simmo ... ceptionale

I had read some reviews that were both good and bad, but we are really pleased with ours so far. The bottom line is you really do need to go to a store and try out a few and if you can take somebody with you to both be on the bed at the same time to get an idea about the movement you may find it helpful.
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
jakegub
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by jakegub »

My wife and I have a Queen Sized TempurPedic and we love it. Both of us preferred a firmer mattress, and if you like that, you can't go wrong with the TempurPedic. It is supposed to last for 10+ years so the price is more reasonable over the longer period of time. I know most people keep their mattresses way longer than they are designed and I would think the tempurpedic would be in the same boat and keep it's shape and comfort.

If you like firm mattresses.....Tempurpedic
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0GHz
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R
2x1gb G.Skill DDR2-800 4-4-3-5
eVGA 8800GT SC with Akimbo cooling Kit
WinXP Pro
Dell 2405fpw @1920x1200

All wrapped up in a Lian-Li PC-G70a
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

GI-JOE wrote:Your best bet would go to a mattress store (with displays) and try them all. My mattress was $300 at Ollie's and it is by far way more comfortable than my parent's mattress which cost about 4x that! :lol:
You live in the NEPA area?
GI-JOE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by GI-JOE »

Tim Burton wrote:
GI-JOE wrote:Your best bet would go to a mattress store (with displays) and try them all. My mattress was $300 at Ollie's and it is by far way more comfortable than my parent's mattress which cost about 4x that! :lol:

NEPA? (I'm hoping you mean North Eastern Pennsylvania, if not you'll have to unabbreviate!) Nope :mrgreen:
-----------------------------------------------------
- CoolerMaster Elite 330
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 3.16ghz (9.5 x 333 @ 1.12 volts)
- Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
- 4 GB G-Skill DDR2 800
- Asus 8800GT 512mb w/Glaciator Fansink
- Antec Trio TruePower 650w
Best Matt
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Best Matt »

GI-JOE wrote:
Tim Burton wrote:

NEPA? (I'm hoping you mean North Eastern Pennsylvania, if not you'll have to unabbreviate!) Nope :mrgreen:
You live in the NEPA area? Your best option, in my opinion would be to go to https://hovement.com/best-king-size-mattress-reviews/, check out what they offer, affordable prices and quality and definitely look at the reviews from customers. Later on, decide whether you can consider them. Personally, I would do so a time and again. I've not had any reservation against them so far.Your location should be of no worry as that's well catered for.