Gasoline to hit an average of $2.03 a gallon in June (USA)

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gasoline to hit an average of $2.03 a gallon in June (USA)

Post by Apoptosis »

For the entire U.S. summer driving season, which runs from April through September, the EIA said it now expects gasoline to average $1.94 a gallon. The seasonwide average is 18 cents higher than the agency previously forecast.

Crude oil traded at the New York Mercantile Exchange jumped to close above $40 a barrel on Tuesday -- the highest close since October 1990 -- on doubts that OPEC will be able to increase oil output enough to satisfy the world's appetite.
OIL is not more a barrel than ever! Even before both Gulf Wars! I thought this war was supposed to bring oil prices down.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

$2.03 aain't nothing, when I left N.Cali last October we were paying $2.39, when I got to Vegas we were paying $1.52, now it is $2.14 here.
Our government really has no control, it is either OPEC or our own energy co. s screwing us, probably a combination of the two.
Time to get rid of the Rubicon, it guzzles the petro a little too much
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I got a Wrangler Sport here with 35" tires and front & rear lockers so I'm in the same boat as you. I'm just out side of St. Louis and it's $1.99 a gallon here today.

I've had the Jeep for 7 years and this is the first time that it cost $30+ to fill it up full. (was bare dry)
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Ridiculous. I love my "Rubi", but she eats too much If I could I would get rid of it in a heartbeat and buy a mule, or a bike. I support my President and my country, but us little guys are taking it in the end a little too much what makes it worse is that it is an election year, and instead of fixing thing, politicians are going to let things get worse and worse, then blame it on the other side.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Election year... :( I'm so tired of the damn blame game. I just want to see Bush and Kerry put on the gloves and get in the ring. After 12 rounds or a KO we have the new President.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Thank god for my honda 40mpg highway and 30mpg city. FYI if you get a hybrid car your over all cost of driving will decrease even as gas prices go up. Im thinking that my next vehical will be either a prius or some $5k junker with 3.5 cylenders
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
alister
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by alister »

Hey I have a Dodge Durango R/T (V8 5.9) and you can only use Premium gas in it :shock:

Alister
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

capper5016 wrote:$2.03 aain't nothing, when I left N.Cali last October we were paying $2.39, when I got to Vegas we were paying $1.52, now it is $2.14 here.
Our government really has no control, it is either OPEC or our own energy co. s screwing us, probably a combination of the two.
yup , it would have to go down to reach $2.03 here (near Seattle) average price is $2.21 for the cheap stuff
and the oil producers (friends of shrub) are making a killing right now.
the same wells in the US that were breaking even a $17-18 a barrel 18 months ago are now getting $38-40 a barrel with no major increase in production cost All the oil in this area comes from Alaska, so it should'nt cost anymore. but it's being diverted to CA and japan where they will pay even more
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I just ran across this website and I like it!
GasBuddy.com is the portal site to more than 170 web sites that help consumers find cheap gas prices. All web sites are operated by the non-profit organization known as GasBuddy Organization Inc.
Now that is pretty darn cool and some of the ST. Louis stations update more than one time a day. It did find correct prices here in STL.

Gas Buddy Site
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

GB is usually pretty close for all the major stations prices, but I drove by a no-name station (used to be a cheap 7-11 type store) yesterday with $2.43 for 87 octane (but nobody using the pumps that I saw) and it's only a couple miles from a safeway gas station at $2.19, so it depends what gets reported.
The only station on Orcas island In the san juan islands in washington (gas goes in by barge or an expensive 3 hour ferry ride) was at $2.85!
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

BOOHOO! Poor U, we pay 80p per litre for our petrol, 80 pence per litre!!!!

So ur not the ones suffering, we are, let me run it by u in an easy way,
1 gallon = 3.7 litres, hence, we are paying £2.96 per gallon, which equates to $5.24, NOW WHOSE GOT IT BAD? :( :( :( :( :(

Just thought id share my £0.02 with you, lol :P
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

but you also live in a relatively small country, with less roads/commuting and well designed public transportation.
Much of the US (especially the west) is really designed around cars, is the main form of transport..
Also due to different taxing methods, your fuel costs have always been much higher than ours. your cost has increased 50%, while ours is getting close to 3 times what it was 2 years ago.
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

we have a great roads system, just our government thinks its funny for us to pay 70% tax on our feul, really no sh*t, close to 50p from the 80 is TAX! :P
Brax
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Brax »

Since the gas price hit $2 I had to ground my Jeep Grand Wagoneer and I drive my mother's Toyota Camry now :oops:
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I don't drive my 4x4 pickup much anymore either..........I just take my wifes mini van............. :shock: