Man angry at Verizon hurls phones

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Sublime
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Man angry at Verizon hurls phones

Post by Sublime »

FARGO, North Dakota (AP) -- A man who said he was fed up with his cellular phone service went to a Fargo mall and started hurling phones across a store, striking an employee and causing more than $2,000 in damage, authorities said.
Okay after having some really big bills that were billing errors and having service that really sucks I can understand where this guy is coming from by tossing some phones around, but get this!
Police said Perala took off his shirt and put on safety glasses before throwing around computers, phones and other items.
WTF, the guy brought safety glasses with him to the store? Talking about pre-planning for saftey!

Linky
Last edited by Sublime on Sat May 15, 2004 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

lol, i can understand that, but thats too much i think, still if you feel that strongly, fair play.
Sublime
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Sublime »

Which phone company is best these days anyway? My AT&T contract is due up here soon and I want out of it!
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Man angry at Verizon hurls phones

Post by T-Shirt »

Sublime wrote: WTF, the guy brought safety glasses with him to the store? Talking about pre-planning for saftey!
Yeah, that will kinda damage his "uncontrollable rage" defense. :roll:

I can't think of a much stupider way to handle that, now he'll be paying $2k+ to a company he (apparently) can't stand. :x

He thought ahead, just not very far :lol:
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

The good thing is they'll probably be happy to end his contract early, good luck to him ever getting a new one, from anybody!
bigapl
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by bigapl »

I want to shake his hand, there were many of times I wanted to do the same thing to some snotty little b!@ch in a store for crappy service...
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

Sublime wrote:Which phone company is best these days anyway? My AT&T contract is due up here soon and I want out of it!
Verizon consistantly wins for best coverage, and service, but is low in tech support and prompt disput resolution. alot of it depends on where you live and who's got the best cell coverage there you need to make calls.