Transsexuals to compete in Olympics

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Sublime
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Transsexuals to compete in Olympics

Post by Sublime »

Not going to touch on this one, but I can see this being a heated debate for many.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) -- Transsexuals were cleared Monday to compete in the Olympics for the first time.

Under a proposal approved by the IOC executive board, athletes who have undergone sex-change surgery will be eligible for the Olympics if their new gender has been legally recognized and they have gone through a minimum two-year period of postoperative hormone therapy.
Linky HERE
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

and in what group do they compete? mens? womans? others
Hmm......Hormone therapy...... let's see, in pervious Olympics athletes using steriods or hormones to enhance their performance have lost their medals, but in this case it's required.
considering all the other things people do, just to win, how long before someone abuses this?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I can honestly see this being abused. I am guessing the switch from Male to Female would give the biggest advantage for bone structure and muscle fiber strength. I have a degree in Biology & have taken several graduate school classes in advanced human genetics and I am 100% shocked by this!
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

theres gonna be huge religious protestors and some religious countries will refuse to compete against them.

As youve said, theres no difference between these people and those that use performance enhancing hormones / drugs!