Top 10 Viral Videos of 2010 on YouTube Canada

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Top 10 Viral Videos of 2010 on YouTube Canada

Postby Apoptosis » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:29 am

I just saw the Toronto Sun did a top ten canadian video list that I thought would get some laughs down here in the US.

The list:

- #10 American band OK Go have produced their share of amazing music videos, and 2010 was no exception. Their paint-soaked "This Too Shall Pass" video just breached the top 10 with 20 million views.

- #9 The Olympics played a role in Tom Brokaw's viral clip in which the famed American newsman explained Canada to our southern friends. "It is remote, and oh so cold."

- #8 Oh... Canada, a viral rap video about the frozen North was cool and patriotic enough to make the top 8.

- #7 Justin Bieber had to break the top 10, and a video of a three-year-old girl crying over her love of the teen idol was enough to become the No. 7 video of the year.

- #6 The first appearance of Double Rainbow, the song! Auto-tuning the original double rainbow YouTube hit, the Gregory Brothers ended up making a hit of their own.

- #5 Greyson Chance performed Lady Gaga's Paparazzi on the piano and became an instant celebrity, ultimately signing a record contract with Ellen Degeneres's label.

- #4 The original double rainbow video. Paul Vasquez got really really excited about being able to film a double rainbow, gaining the attention of talk show host Jimmy Kimmel and sparking an Internet sensation.

- #3 Isaiah Mustafa, better known as Old Spice Guy, defined viral marketing in 2010. The original "Hello ladies" masterpiece is the No. 3 video.

- #2 Ke$sha's pop hit "Tik Tok" made the singer a star, but the YouTube parody "Glitter Puke" made a small-time comedy troupe stars of the week, with more than 100 million views.

- #1 The most popular video of the year might also be the strangest. Antoine Dodson ranted on television about an attempted assault on his sister, which the Gregory brothers auto-tuned into a song, which became a hit.

Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!

Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Top 10 Viral Videos of 2010 on YouTube Canada

Postby Major_A » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:57 pm

#1 was the most awesome video of those listed. First time I saw it I almost peed my pants. Probably would have if I didn't see the news clip first.

skier

Postby skier » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:11 am

Major_A wrote:#1 was the most awesome video of those listed. First time I saw it I almost peed my pants. Probably would have if I didn't see the news clip first.

i saw the news clip before it was autotuned, didn't believe it was real haha
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups

Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Apoptosis » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:39 am

same here... i thought the original was fake... When it wasn't I called my family that lives in Huntsville and laughed at them!
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to “OFF Topic (ie: nothing about computers)”