Diamond forever lost on race car!!

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Sublime
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Diamond forever lost on race car!!

Post by Sublime »

MONACO -- Diamonds might be forever but not when embedded in the nose of a Formula One racing car, as the Jaguar team discovered.

The car company was left reflecting Monday on a costly Monaco Grand Prix after a £140,000 ($200,000) gem had gone missing when Austrian driver Christian Klien crashed his car nose first into the guardrail at the Loews hairpin.

The diamond had been positioned in the nose of the car following a sponsorship deal with diamond company Steinmetz.
I'm shocked that they put a real $200,000 diamond on the car. I mean they do wreck all the time. Could you imagine sitting in the stands and having the car crash in front of you. Sure you'd be shocked and staring at the wreck and then something falls from the sky and hits you on the head. Yup that's a flawless diamond!

Or better yet...
were also advertising the forthcoming Hollywood movie "Ocean's 12," which involves an international diamond heist.

Stars George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon were all guests in Monaco for the race.
I bet it was a heist by Clooney!!!
mrplow
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: Diamond forever lost on race car!!

Post by mrplow »

I bet it was a heist by Clooney!!![/quote]

Hahaha :D

Man, there was some serious carnage in that race. I didn't know about this whole diamond thing though. It's pocket money for these people, hardly matters I'm sure.
illegitimate emus
kalmark
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by kalmark »

This is simply stupid. Jaguar should have put the diamond, if they rally had to, to some less sensible position. I simply can't believe this.

And I don't even think that the diamond could have been even visible on the car. So why is this sponsorship? The whole story is weird. :rolleyes:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

That is pretty odd. I bet it was a fake and it's an insurance scam ;)