Anyone Here Watched "Sucker Punch"?

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Anyone Here Watched "Sucker Punch"?

Post by Major_A »

Anyone here seen the movie and feel like you understood what was going on? I watched it and I can't figure out something so I need some help. I'd go to IMDB's forums but they are full of DBs.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Anyone Here Watched "Sucker Punch"?

Post by DragonFury »

It is a strange one, but yea I figured out what was going on. The first scene with the girl in the hospital was the original reality, with her in a whore house was the second reality, then her fighting was her in a third reality. basically she was a mental patient trying to escape while at the same time fantasizing about other things on how she was going to escape from the original reality. good movie blink more then twice you lose the entire plot. You must have blinked more then two times..... LOL
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I don't think the "club" was her reality at all. I think it was Sweet Pea's. At the beginning of the movie the doctor swings the pick, then "club" reality, then back to the doctor finishing the lobotomy. Why else would Scott Glenn (bus driver) be in Baby Doll's realities? If you watch it again you'll notice that Sweet Pea was actually kicking more butt than Baby Doll in most of the "dance" realities.

The original question I had is no longer relevant after watching it a second time. When Baby Doll was "dancing" what was she actually doing at the hospital? Throwing a fit and having to have a multitude of staff coral her?

I really don't have a clue what the movie meant. I re-watched it with my sister and brother-in-law. I was more confused after watching it the second time, I noticed more things then I did the first go round. None of us could come to a consensus of what the hell the movie meant.

I hate movies like this, but at the same time I like them. I hate that it acts like "I'm smart and you're stupid, now pay attention". But at the end of it I keep trying to figure it out, which is better than most mindless movies that tell and show you everything. Basically movies that treat the viewer like a complete idiot are worse than the thought provoking ones.
SunilSamuel
Legit User
Legit User

Post by SunilSamuel »

I saw the trailer and decided never to watch it, ever.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Your loss, it's a good movie. If nothing else the action scenes are really good. The story is confusing as hell though.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Sounds like a good Netflix movie
Joe
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

SunilSamuel wrote:I saw the trailer and decided never to watch it, ever.
You are not missing much.

It is interesting on how they put everything together in a Sin City style movie but it was poorly done. I really don't understand people rating this movie on IMDB as high as they are unless they like girls in skimpy clothing whom you never get to see naked or else they like the action and have no clue what the rest of the movie is about.

Honestly, I don't care what it was about LOL Really did not enjoy it at all.

AS for the realities, I believe all the realities other than the 1st took place after the hammer hit the spike but like i said, I really don't care as I will never watch it again ;)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I can understand that. It's not a very good experience when you watch a movie and leave confused as hell.

As far as the votes on IMDB I gave the movie an 8. After watching it the first time I would've given it a 3. But watching it again I caught more things and I really liked it. It had nothing to do with the girls or the outfits. It was the story that I liked.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

I thought it was a good movie myself. I like movies that make you think..
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....