Help me understand the movie Source Code

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Help me understand the movie Source Code

Post by vbironchef »

I am watching it now and I can't understand what's going on except that he is dead and is trying to save lives on a train. He has many chances but it is a slow movie and I have a hard time following the plot.

Edit: I finished the movie and I still don't know how the leading man is still alive. Don't watch the movie because I think it is very lame.

Edit: I think I will stick to watching big bang theory, and two and a half men.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Help me understand the movie Source Code

Post by bubba »

Look at it like the movie '12 Monkeys'

spoiler for those that have not seen it..

Ok, the "source code" is a program that takes the consciousness and puts it in another body in a simulation lasting only 8 minutes of that bodies life. but by the end of the movie you find that its not the sim but really throwing it back in time to the actual event creating an alternate reality. at the end when the life support is stopped the link to the source code is broke, and the consciousness stays in the alternate reality. Thats why at the end you see the lady tech get the email with all the phrases in it and they have yet to test the source code and he is still on life support.

So there is two realities. First being one where the train blows and everyone dies, second created by the source code in where the bomber is stopped and no one dies.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Help me understand the movie Source Code

Post by Major_A »

Can't add anything to what Shane already said. But I liked the movie. I thought Sucker Punch was confusing as Hell but I still liked it. Actually I'm the only person I know that liked it.