Kerry outlines nuclear terrorism program

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kerry outlines nuclear terrorism program

Post by Apoptosis »

This is some good stuff here by Kerry:

Linky
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida (AP) -- Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry on Tuesday outlined measures he contended would dramatically reduce the possibility that terrorists could attack the United States with nuclear weapons, which he called the greatest threat facing the nation.
oh but wait it gets better:
If we secure all bomb-making materials, ensure that no new materials are produced for nuclear weapons, and end nuclear weapons programs in hostile states like North Korea and Iran, we will dramatically reduce the possibility of nuclear terrorism," he said.
Kerry is either smoking crack or has a speech writer that is still in college. I mean most countries have no clue where half their stockpile went. If "bad" people really wanted nuclear weapons they have had years to get them. He lost my vote 100% due to this speech on "the greatest threat to america". I'd like to see Kerry ask all the rouge countries to stop their nuke programs... Um not going to happen ever
Last edited by Apoptosis on Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Sounds like Perot asking for all the money we gave out back. Its to bad but he still has my vote because at this point im in the anyone but bush camp.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Guess it's time to cut off your head to spite your face......... :shock:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

the part that kills me is this:

If we secure all bomb-making materials, ensure that no new materials are produced for nuclear weapons, and end nuclear weapons programs in hostile states

that can NEVER be done
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

And then we'll all fly off to never never land with Peter Pan.........And that the kind of person that some prople want in office..........not leading my country ..............that boy has some serious problems............. :shock:
Wolfgang70
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Wolfgang70 »

Not a good idea. Bush has been trying to do the same thing since his "Axis of Evil" speech and dissolving of the non-proliferation treaty. Take a look at his stance with Korea and Iran. No success in either instance.

I won't vote for Bush but I do have to admit that it is a bit disturbing to hear the same rhetoric come from Kerry that is coming from Bush. The flip side to that is maybe they would be willing to negotiate with someone other than Bush but probably not.

I agree with you Apop, no matter who is in office, it most likely ain't gonna happen.