Back in the saddle

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
FZ1

Back in the saddle

Post by FZ1 »

Been a few years since I sold my bike...couldn't take it anymore so I picked up a lightly used 2010 Kawasaki Z1000. Really nice bike!
z1000-2010.jpg
z1000-2010.jpg (138.23 KiB) Viewed 7427 times
Joe
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Back in the saddle

Post by smack323 »

sic bike!
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Very nice!

I'm getting back on the saddle too, different bike though ;)
http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2012/Ro ... es/F6.aspx
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

WOW $1800 for a bike! That thing better make you a sandwich when your done riding it.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

smack323 wrote:WOW $1800 for a bike! That thing better make you a sandwich when your done riding it.
$1800 is nothing for a carbon fibre bike.
I'm getting back into cycling again. Plan to enter some races next year.
This is my next goal for 2013
http://www.ringofkerrycycle.ie/
112 miles around the most picturesque scenery Ireland has to offer. It will be to raise some cash for the "Irish Hospice Foundation"

Anyway, this thread is about Joe's Z1000

Some tasty quotes
The heart of every naked bike is its engine, so Kawasaki engineers paid special attention here for maximum impact: Dual cams. Sixteen valves. 1,043cc. Liquid cooling. High compression. A long stroke – 56mm – for instantaneous thrust. Six speeds. And digital fuel injection. It’s all there.

The result? This inline-four packs impressive horsepower combined with the sort of flexible, mid-range-heavy power delivery that pastes a silly grin on the face of anyone lucky enough to be aboard. From nearly any rpm, rolling the Z1000’s throttle provides the kind of instant gratification most sportbikes just can’t quite muster, all with a silky smooth, highly intoxicating response.
Dang, that thing must be animal to ride!
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

It's pretty fiesty when you get on it. Yesterday, I turned onto a street that is a fairly long incline, I shifted into second gear and really got on it and the front end just came right up :shock: Whoa dragon!

Actually, I knew it was goign to happen...same as when I had the FZ1. :supz:
Joe
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

I've rode 125cc bikes, suzuki sprint & honda virago. I've no need for a bike or a car. Dublin is a small city and have always lived within a 45 minute commute to work.

A friend had a CBR600rr and I used to get a lift home from work. We we head down the motorway and after going through a "round about" I'd bounce on the rear as he floored it. The back end would skid out then up on one wheel and we were gone.....
I haven't heard from him in a long time. Last I heard he moved up to a Ducati 848
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I don't see the word Harley on any of those bikes - am I missing something? :supz:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

KnightRid wrote:I don't see the word Harley on any of those bikes - am I missing something? :supz:
Did you know 90% of the Harleys ever sold are still on the road?

The rest made it home :P
Joe
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

FZ1 wrote:
KnightRid wrote:I don't see the word Harley on any of those bikes - am I missing something? :supz:
Did you know 90% of the Harleys ever sold are still on the road?

The rest made it home :P
=D> :lol:

Kicked the idea around more than once about getting a bike. I like the Triumph Thunderbird, never cared for street bikes.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Shane.... With as much crap as you've hit with your cars since I have known you, think twice about a bike... You'll end up hitting a sea gull or something with your luck.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Sea Gulls are in Missouri?
While I know they are not sea birds, I thought they only stick to the coast line.

Shane, You must really have some luck LOL
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

kenc51 wrote:Sea Gulls are in Missouri?
While I know they are not sea birds, I thought they only stick to the coast line.

Shane, You must really have some luck LOL
With his luck... He'll find the one drunkard sea gull that accidentally flew into Missouri air space!
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Yeah Nate, part of the things that have kept me from getting one. That and lack of funds lol.

Well. The worst year I had was 2 years ago before my current car. Think I hit something in the neighborhood of 30 birds. 3 of which were turkeys and 5 geese. Couple turtles, a coyote, clipped a deer.... Most memorable bird was a robin. Thought he had done some nice flying to avoid me. I was wrong. As my son pointed out when we got home. It was stuck head first drilled into the grill of my car. Had to get a new radiator.

With my new car (which is not red) they have not found me so the suicide runs from the animals have stopped. Don't get me started on my history with red cars. I will not drive nor ride in red cars ever again. EVER.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson