Survey: eBay most trusted for privacy

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Survey: eBay most trusted for privacy

Post by Apoptosis »

I have to agree with this article and title 100%. Fellow forum member Capper5016 has been trying for weeks now to solve a dispute with pay-pal (owned by ebay) and has gotten no info or help from them. I hate to say it, but it looks like you're contact info is safe with them!
eBay, which owns the PayPal online payment system, and several financial services companies, earned high marks despite being the target of fast increasing "phishing" attacks.
For those of you who don't know about some of the downsides of pay-pal I suggest readingCapper's expierences!!!

Full Read
Sublime
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Sublime »

So very sad, but so true in the situation on this forum. I'm glad to hear that they don't hand out info, but it makes me sick for pay-pal/ebay to do so little.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I'll never shop on E-Bay anymore.......and I also dropped my Pay-Pal account as well............I won't do busness with anyone that won't help out a customer....... :shock:
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

My boss at work got one of thoes emails and responeded to it. He walked in and was talking about how he just had to send paypal all this information and the way he described it i knew it was a scam. Needless to say after explaining how the do a "phishing" attack he called paypal up. they closed his acct, transfered his money and closed his credit card acct as well. Luckly all this happend befor the people had time to extract his information from the returned email.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"