Reputable Local Mid-Rivers HVAC person?

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Reputable Local Mid-Rivers HVAC person?

Post by Kaos Kid »

I have a leak in my AC system. It reared its ugly head during last year's heat wave and I swore then that we wouldn't suffer the same this year. I am afraid if I call a local company I will just be pushed to replace my furnace and AC, but they are only 14 years old and last year I already replaced the capacitor and fan motor myself on the exterior unit and had a friend add 4 lbs of freon, only to find it had leaked out within the month. What I need is a reputable person with a "sniffer" that can pinpoint the source of the leak and fix that and only that cheaply and economically so I can squeeze a few more years out of this system until our finances improve (ie: me find a decent job). I cut up all my credit cards last year so they will have to take a check or I can pay cash.

Anybody in the local St Louis/St Charles/Lincoln/Warren County Missouri area want to put in a good word or reference for someone they trust to do the job right but is also reasonably priced? I can work it out to buy the materials needed and then just pay cash for the labor if that helps. Thanks!
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reputable Local Mid-Rivers HVAC person?

Post by Apoptosis »

Brown heating and cooling in O'Fallon Missouri... They are good and honest and have been in business 25+ years.

http://www.brownheatingandair.com/

Tell them you are friends with a guy that grew up with Lance Springer and is why you went to them. That should do the trick. I've only called him once in 30+ years of being alive for an HVAC problem, but he got it taken care of quickly.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

COOL! Thanks Nate, I don't mind a little name-dropping to get a good deal and keep my wife off my back at the same time, lol. I'll give them a call Monday.

edit: Just left a message on voice mail, I'll let you know what they say ;)
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Well, after 2 calls and going to their website to register still no contact in almost 2 weeks. Either they are too busy to respond, or my reputation has preceded me :lol:

Thanks for trying though. Still looking for HVAC to fix my freon leak if anyone else knows someone.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Do you know where the leak is? If you know where it is just go to an auto store and get some stuff to stop freon leaks or seal up freon leaks and apply it. Do you even have any freon left in there? lol

If a part needs replaced, most things are simple enough to do and if you need help finding a part my partner in the one web site I do for cigars works in the plumbing supply business, so he might be able to find parts for you if needed.

Of course, if you have no idea where the leak is then you either have to go around with a spray bottle with detergent and water to watch for bubbles or get a pro and pay them the hourly they want to find it.

If all else fails, just lace an Apple product close to where you think the leak is and it will evolve and fix it for you within 30 minutes because Apple products are godly you know :roll:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Kaos Kid wrote:Well, after 2 calls and going to their website to register still no contact in almost 2 weeks. Either they are too busy to respond, or my reputation has preceded me :lol:

Thanks for trying though. Still looking for HVAC to fix my freon leak if anyone else knows someone.

From a family member of the owner:
yes they are 636 272 2041 they do not really use their web site for messages. I know this time of year it's still heat freon checks more in the spring...I don't understand why they have not called back. Ask for a return call...sorry about them not getting back....small company always busy.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Cool, thanks Nate! It's probably too late to call tonite so I'll leave them another message in the morning.

KnightRid, freon in cars is different than freon in home central AC units, plus the filler valves won't be compatible and AFAIK the small cans from the auto store wouldn't have enough pressure to do a home system anyway. I thought of that last year lol