Samsung Galaxy S4 will not get a 4G signal

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
KnightRid

Samsung Galaxy S4 will not get a 4G signal

Post by KnightRid »

Well I was surrounded by other Apple and Android phone this past Saturday and every single one of them could get 4G from Verizon (which I have) yet I could not. I looked it up online and saw some posts about removing the card for 30 seconds, putting it back in and restarting the phone but that does not seem to have helped either. I also checked the settings and mine was not on Global but was on the LTE/CDMA network mode already so I tried going to global and then back again but it was futile.

Every now and again if I reboot I will get the 4G to show up and then it goes back to 3G. Such a pain, especially when I really needed it this past Saturday.

Anyone have any other ideas?

I did read about replacing the 4g sim at a Verizon store but wont be able to do that till later in the week.

Quality on everything has gone downhill I guess but you would think they would check 4g connectivity before releasing them into the wild.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 will not get a 4G signal

Post by bubba »

Been fighting 4G issues on my S3 for the last couple weeks. I keep getting "SIM card changed" errors. Also having dropped calls or flat out not getting them but still receive texts and v-mail notifications.

Pulled the battery and left it set for 30 minutes, seemed to stop it for a couple days. Then it comes back.

Thought maybe it was Verizon being funky, but a buddy with the same phone and service was just fine.

Pretty much same boat as you. Have to find a corporate Verizon store and get me a new SIM card see if that fixes my issue.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
skier

Post by skier »

Yea I have an S3 test phone I got from work, and it has never dropped 4G as far as I know, but I rarely look at it

Like most things with technology, once in a while you get a bad item or batch :dunno:
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
egloeckle
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by egloeckle »

Sounds like a sim card issue. Might not be the card itself, but could be something with how it is tagged on verizon's systems. I would pop into a store or call them and have them give you a new sim card and see if that fixes it.