Gourmet Club Apple Wedger Should Be Recalled

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gourmet Club Apple Wedger Should Be Recalled

Post by Apoptosis »

I bought a Gourmet Club Apple Wedger this afternoon and it broke before cutting the first apple.

This is a Chinese piece of junk made by Best Brands Consumer Products, INC. and sold at Walmart for $4. When it broke the blade came out and cut my thumb. Not a happy camper at all. I went to e-mail them and complain about the safety of this product, but guess what... The Best Brands website isn't loading - http://bestbrands.com/
Attachments
apple-wedger.png
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: Gourmet Club Apple Wedger Should Be Recalled

Post by KnightRid »

Probably owned by ASRock since it was probably broken in the packaging but it was still your fault :finga:

It always makes me laugh when I see someone buy a cheap ass product like this but will spend thousands on electronics LMAO - Nate, Nate, Nate
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

KnightRid wrote:Probably owned by ASRock since it was probably broken in the packaging but it was still your fault :finga:

It always makes me laugh when I see someone buy a cheap ass product like this but will spend thousands on electronics LMAO - Nate, Nate, Nate
Its a friggen apple slicer, shouldn't cost that much.

My question is why move away from the tried and true all metal design for something injection molded... oh I know, because plastic breaks. My mom has an all stainless apple slicer that she bought when I was a toddler, my kids use it now.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by sgkean »

bubba wrote:My question is why move away from the tried and true all metal design for something injection molded... oh I know, because plastic breaks. My mom has an all stainless apple slicer that she bought when I was a toddler, my kids use it now.
Key thing to notice is that it was purchased years ago, when they knew how to make products designed to last...

I bought a metal apple wedger, it lasted about 6 months before the blades came out like Nates did....
skier

Post by skier »

My Fiance bought a plastic one at Hannaford that's lasted about a year but is showing the plastic starting to crack where the metal blades come into it, getting an all-metal one from Pampered Chef now (just need to pick up at party host's house now) you can find the all-metal ones at many kitchen and home type stores, and maybe even Hannaford

We don't get much of anything at Walmart these days, just Lightbulbs and office supplies really
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups