1985: New Coke

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

1985: New Coke

Post by Amy »

Some of you may remember back to 1985 when CocaCola changed flavors and introduced the New Coke. Well, I stumbled upon the website, and you should read some of the trauma people went through because of the changed taste!

New Coke
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

I miss cherry coke.....you can still get it, but doesn't taste the same

When I was younger I lived on cans of cherry coke :shock:

"Chief Dodo" --> a guy wanted his signature just so he could say he has the sig "of one of the dumbest executives in American business history", which would be worth a fortune............

hehe
Ratpack101
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Ratpack101 »

kenc51 wrote:I miss cherry coke.....you can still get it, but doesn't taste the same

When I was younger I lived on cans of cherry coke :shock:

hehe
Cherry Coke FTW

I also miss Vanilla Coke all i can find is that black cherry vanilla crap now :(
"Sir I lost my Child"...
Im sorry Putt-Putt Golf and Games is not responsible for lost or stolen property
Dragon_Slayer
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Dragon_Slayer »

I hate coke all together, every coke product is gross, beside fanta.i love fanta...

but,
I'm a Pepper!!!!

Dr. Pepper thats is. LOL

Drink it at 10-2-4

A True Texas Original!

Dublin Dr. Pepper = LEET
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

drink pref is Dr. pepper -> kool aid -> water
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

coke and D.P. are neck and neck for me.

I would like to try some of the "new Coke" though, just to taste how it was.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

I wonder what the old taste was
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

its what is now called classic coke.

first there was 'coke', then someone thought hey lets remake it. Thus 'new coke'. well it sucked bad. so they went back to the old coke. so not to confuse cases of 'new coke' with that of the new old coke they called it 'classic coke'. been that way ever since.
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

classic coke IS not the same as old coke.
The difference is the type of sugars used.
The do still make the sucrose kind for some religous diet (kosher?) at some times of the year/very limited distribution.
I was an "Old Coke" drinker, but after the new coke thing I switched (didn't taste right) to diet.
now I'm a aspartame addict (some studies have shown that your body, tastes the sweet, but since if recieves no calories, you crave MORE sweet)
Dro
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Dro »

I hated that they advertised "new coke" as the real thing. Even Bill Cosby went on TV with that commercial. I didn't buy that for a second. I called Coca Cola and told them that the new coke did not even come close to measuring up to the original and real thing. I even felt sadness that I would never be able to taste that drink again. :cry: I wished I had stored a lifetime supply!

Then they came back with the original formula and called it classic coke. :drinkers: It seems pretty close to the original to me. Anyway, I am glad they did. I hate when companies go and change things that are loved by many folks. What were they thinking?
Mortious
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Mortious »

Dro wrote:Anyway, I am glad they did. I hate when companies go and change things that are loved by many folks. What were they thinking?
What were they thinking? It was marketing genious. Think about it, over 20 years later we are still talking about it.
nightblood
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by nightblood »

coke used to have cocaine in it. Thats how it coke got its name
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

Nightblood- you must be really smart to know stuff like that! did you also know that wax weens fry beens?