Chevy Cruze Spark Plugs - AC Delco Iridiums Made By NGK

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chevy Cruze Spark Plugs - AC Delco Iridiums Made By NGK

Post by Apoptosis »

My girlfriends Chevy Cruze just rolled over 106k miles and is still on the original plugs. It's starting to feel like a tune-up was needed, so I gave it one today. The Chevy Cruze comes with NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs (part number 91039) that are found locally for $13.99 each. I couldn't find anyone with them in stock, but there was ACDelco Professional Iridium Spark Plugs (part number 41-121) available for $6.99 each with a $2 off mail-in rebate on top of that.
iridium-plugs.png
iridium-plugs.png (56.39 KiB) Viewed 8531 times
I read online at the ACDelco plugs are the same as the NGK plugs as they are made by NGK for ACDelo and just repackaged. I figured I'd buy a set of the $4.99 ACDelco plugs.
delco-plugs.jpg
At first glance they looked pretty much the same...
IFR7X7G.jpg
The factory NGK Laser Iridium plugs were marked with internal part number IFR7X7G and the metal part of the plug was stamped that they were made in Japan.
delco-plugs2.jpg
The new ACDelco plugs have the same overall appearance down to the paint on the porcelain and just happen to be stamped with part number IFR7X7G and Japan the metal part...

$4.99 (amazon) for ACDelco Professional Iridium Spark Plugs (part number 41-121) or $13.99 (amazon) for NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs (part number 91039)...

$19.96 versus $55.96 for what appears to be the same damn thing. Just a heads up for those doing a tune-up on their Chevy Cruze or any make!

Save some money!
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Chevy Cruze Spark Plugs - AC Delco Iridiums Made By NGK

Post by camaroguy1998 »

Good to know! Thanx!
How hard was it to change them?
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
fatherviper
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Chevy Cruze Spark Plugs - AC Delco Iridiums Made By NGK

Post by fatherviper »

I heard that Iridium is really a precious metal than Platinum and now and iridium plated plug is available for $13 dollar :rolleyes: