'Jeopardy's' Jennings passes $1 mil

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

'Jeopardy's' Jennings passes $1 mil

Post by Apoptosis »

I might have to watch this guy today & see how well he does before he gets kicked off!
NEW YORK (AP) -- Television's seemingly unbeatable answer man -- or question man -- has passed the $1 million mark on "Jeopardy!"

Ken Jennings, the whip-smart software engineer from Salt Lake City, won his 30th straight contest on the syndicated game show, in an episode televised Tuesday. That brought his earnings to $1,004,960.

He's long since blown past the previous record for a "Jeopardy!" contestant, excluding special tournaments. Tom Walsh of Washington, D.C., set that record of $184,900 over seven days last winter.

In his monthlong run, Jennings has provided more than 1,000 correct questions. "Jeopardy" contestants are provided the answer, and must reply in the form of a question.
For the full article
A10Pilot3
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by A10Pilot3 »

Yea I haven't watched Jeopardy in a while, it just happens that yesterday was the first day in a long time that I watched it, er, part of it. I was like holy... but then I changed the channel at a commercial. Wouldn't that be fun to have a million dollars!!
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I've been watching for awhile, my wife watches it and got me started a few weeks ago.... this guy is scary smart....... The other night he started talking in code and stuf "001 01001110100001111", then he caught himself and said" I'll take potent potables for $400 Alex".
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

he is really a top secret DARPA project at creating a smarter soldier, that’s why he must have started talking in binary, because he has digital radio transmitters in his brain. I bet that’s what he uses to download the answers
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

hehe... ya, I figured he would pass $1M yesterday, so I watched the very end when I got home from work... I think out of all the questions I saw asked, he buzzed in and answered all but one!... craziness!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook