So much for using technology to unlock cars

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

speaking of opening a car door i heard that remote locks work thru cell phones- ex you lock you keys in you can call home and have the person on the other end hit your unlock button on the spare and if you hold your phone to the door it will open.. im am skeptical. but to lazy to walk out to my car to try it lol
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

smack323 wrote:speaking of opening a car door i heard that remote locks work thru cell phones- ex you lock you keys in you can call home and have the person on the other end hit your unlock button on the spare and if you hold your phone to the door it will open.. im am skeptical. but to lazy to walk out to my car to try it lol
I highly doubt remote car unlocks run on a cdma. etc digital signal. but i guess anything is possible
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

Dragon_Cooler wrote:
smack323 wrote:speaking of opening a car door i heard that remote locks work thru cell phones- ex you lock you keys in you can call home and have the person on the other end hit your unlock button on the spare and if you hold your phone to the door it will open.. im am skeptical. but to lazy to walk out to my car to try it lol
I highly doubt remote car unlocks run on a cdma. etc digital signal. but i guess anything is possible
http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp
Nuxil1
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Nuxil1 »

I think someone off screen pushed the unlock button as she pushed the tennis ball.
pas44141
Legit User
Legit User

Post by pas44141 »

i'll try it on my punto later and get back to you all.

doubt it alot.
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

ok i tried it - and it doesnt work.. what a waste of 5 minutes
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
yurchie
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by yurchie »

Too good to be true :D But entertaining.
borisguy
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re:

Post by borisguy »

Apoptosis wrote:
Digital Puppy wrote:Ha! That was kinda cool....I'm not going to try it on any of my cars. But I do have a couple of neighbors..... 8)
I'm sure a neighbor tired it on yours last night... interesting, but wouldn't that work on all locks that have tumblers?

Just for shits and grins I got my hands on a bunch of bump keys last week and they work :shock:
When I first saw a video about bump keys, I wasn't convinced. I remember thinking that there's no way that locks can be defeated that easily. But I got bored and decided to check it out by reading articles and watching videos about it. There are a lot of free articles at this site about bumping locks. I was going to buy bump keys online but I read that it can be illegal in some areas so I decided not to risk it so I just made my own bump key. Well, what do you know. It worked!

I also tried it on cars but it didn't work. Apparently, bump keys only work on older cars.

Lesson learned - don't quickly disregard something just because it sounds too good to be true. This is why when I saw a video about tennis balls being used to open cars, I checked it out as well. But unlike bump keys, it was proven to be a hoax.
You can do anything, but not everything. — David Allen