DEUS EX 3 CONFIRMED !

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

DEUS EX 3 CONFIRMED !

Post by DeusEx »

Since i know most of you guys like useless games like Halo, i feel it is my DUTY to enlighten you.

Deus Ex 3 Was recently confirmed, you can check google to find out more about it. My only advice to you guys is ... IF YOU HAVE NOT YET PLAYED the original DEUS EX... THIS IS THE TIME TO DO IT.

This is the best game ever hands down. This is how most of the people feel after playing the original:

Deus Ex fans are insane. I know because I'm one of them. If Deus Ex 3 isn't exactly the same as Deus Ex 1, possibly with slightly prettier graphics and more fluid animation, we will go batshit. I might mail someone my left ear. I'm getting angry just thinking about the notion of a game that isn't Deus Ex to the letter. We're all like this, Deus Ex broke our brain in some fundamental way that renders us unable to appreciate anything else without that dark caveat lurking at the back of our minds: "This isn't Deus Ex." Crysis isn't Deus Ex. Stalker isn't Deus Ex. Bioshock isn't Deus Ex. Deus Ex 2 isn't Deus Ex. When Jesus Christ himself returns to save every one of our souls, there'll be a grouchy huddle of pallid nerds muttering "Eh, he's no Deus Ex."

GET THE DEMO. GET IT NOW. And lets hope DX3 is as good As DX1.

Happy holidays !
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: DEUS EX 3 CONFIRMED !

Post by InspectahACE »

hell yea.. Deus Ex was an awesome game. I got it as a bundle with the crap compaq pc my mom bought in 2002...u just now made it to where i want to play it again...sad thing is..i never beat it...guess i better get to work on that
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

Well since Warren Specter or anyone else from the old Ion Storm crew isn't involved it kinda seems like a crap shoot as to how good the game will be. It would have to be one hell of a game to top the original Deus Ex though thats for sure. I think the Bioshock developers (2K Boston/Austrailia) could make one hell of a Deus Ex game especially considering alot of those guys worked with Specter on System Shock, I think they could re-capture the feel of the original game. Unfortunately Deus Ex 3 is said to be in development on the Crystal Dynamics Engine which was used on Tomb Raider: Legend, definitely NOT a FPS/RPG engine. The engine is pretty but it seems a little too limited technically to throw in all the features that made Deus Ex so great.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

You're a DeusEx fan? I couldn't tell!

I can't remember which DeusEx demo I played, It may have been 2. I wasn't too into it. I wasn't really into KotOR either, I don't think that genre is for me.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

DeusEx does nothing for me either...
Jeth
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Jeth »

I'm looking forward to this. Oh the days of Deus Ex 1 :) I didn't like 2 so much, but hopefully they will get this one better!
AMD Athlon 64 3500+, ASUS AX800XT 256, 2*512Mb Kingston 400Mhz, WD 200GB 7200rpm
inko1nsiderate
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by inko1nsiderate »

This game looks really far off, I hate getting my hopes up for something I won't see for a year or two. I mean the teaser had no in game or anything, so sadface.
InsolenceAndHeresy
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by InsolenceAndHeresy »

I never really understood the hype around DX1. I tried the GOTY edition once, didn't like it too much.

But I do like the music.

The trailer for DX3 did make me go GASP though.
GenG
Legit User
Legit User

Post by GenG »

OH MAN!

I loved DX1 and i liked DX2(i dare say as much as 1) but i can get why some people hate it. I am ecstatic.

I think you can only really appreciate the DX games if you play as if it is a story, rather then a game. The gameplay wasn't the greatest on either game, but the storyline was enthralling.
diasdm
Legit User
Legit User

Post by diasdm »

Deus Ex is a great game. It has one of the best storys I've ever seen in games.
It is very unique.
unfaithfulsfan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by unfaithfulsfan »

I absolutely LOVE Deus Ex! I still play it frequently even now, what 10 years after it was released? Very immersive game. It's like the first Unreal. I'm not big into online gameplay, myself. And I'm not what you would call a game freak. Just a set few I really enjoy escaping into, which is the key for me. I can just go in leave the world behind, kick some butt, get my angst taken care of and back to work I go. The original Oddworld games for PC were two of my faves but alas won't run on XP even in compatibility mode.
"A payphone was ringing and it just about blew my mind,
when I picked it up & said 'Hello' this foot came through the line"
~Bob Dylan
DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DeusEx »

InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I didn't know Square Enix was in on this..now I really can't wait
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hark »

Square Enix has truly been extending their reach as publisher. As for the game, the teaser looked cool, but from what I've read I have my doubts. I reeeeeally hope the game turns out well but I have this nagging feeling that they're going to screw it up.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Sweet
Joe
DeusEx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DeusEx »

Sweet is right. Keep your panties on ladies, at least until the show starts. :supz:
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hark »

I hope you're not hyping the game up too much. You may be setting yourself up for disappointment.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

such a pessimist :lol:
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hark »

I'd say it's more cautiously optimistic. :lol:
Well I hope it turns out well, but Deus Ex: Invisible War wasn't much good. I think I'm tired of "consolitis" where originally deep PC games lose their depth or get "streamlined" for console gamer audiences. Not knocking console gamers, but some developers really dumb down the experience when jumping to consoles. Besides, neither of the two directors of the first game are working on this one.
Divide Overflow
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Divide Overflow »

HA! I just loaded Deus Ex 2 back on my PC system for some old time fun. It's good to hear that they are continuing the franchise. Thanks for the tip.