Z-Tech Gamer

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!

Gaming Preformance

Other: Reply by messege
No votes
less than 5
50%
7 points
30%
8 points
No votes
9 points
20%
10 points
No votes

Total votes: 10

dimmo
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Z-Tech Gamer

Post by dimmo »

Hey every1,
please rate my pc for game preformance, what you think about it, would you recommend it as a good gaming pc combo ?

http://www.livedeal.com/ShowItemDetail?id=21585

What experts think about it ?

thnx
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Looks like a pretty sweet system! Lots of cash, but lots of performance from an EE chip ;)
Wolfgang70
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Wolfgang70 »

Pretty good but if you're gonna spend that much coin you might as well go all out and get a top of the line video card too.

mrplow
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by mrplow »

Were you trying to sell that to us? :?

tbh the Expensive Edition chips are such a ridiculous waste of money. Even if I had that much disposable income I wouldn't buy one. No doubt though, that's a fairly powerful system

OMG! hold the phone!

fx5200 gfx? What the hell is that doing in there?
The system is now completely useless for gaming.
illegitimate emus
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Not to bad but i think you can do much better. First off that video card is WEAK. You want some thing real for gaming like a ATI 9800pro/xt. Second im not a big fan of intel. If you want a real gaming rig you need to think about an Athlong64. We are just days away from the release of the 939 and you could for about the same $$ build a system using a Athlon64 3500+ with better graphics. A A64 will crush an intel system in most games and give you more money to spend on your video card.

"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Xerxes
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Xerxes »

it wouldnt look so bad if you had at least a fx5700/9600xt in it. My only other complaint/question is what kind of power supply is in it?
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

For that kind of money there should be a ATI 9800 of some sort in the rig.......... :twisted:
drexor69
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by drexor69 »

The key here is gaming, you asked if it was a good gaming system and that really hinges more on your GPU than anything else. My personal feelings are it's a bit expensive for not having a high end graphics card.

I.E. I agree with Bio-Hazard
alister
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by alister »

infinitevalence wrote:Not to bad but i think you can do much better. First off that video card is WEAK. You want some thing real for gaming like a ATI 9800pro/xt. Second im not a big fan of intel. If you want a real gaming rig you need to think about an Athlong64. We are just days away from the release of the 939 and you could for about the same $$ build a system using a Athlon64 3500+ with better graphics. A A64 will crush an intel system in most games and give you more money to spend on your video card.

I would have to agree with this. If I had the money I would put together an Athlon64 now. It is beating the Intel P4 EE in most of the game benchmarks. I would also go with the ATI 9800XT over the Nvidia card that they have in that computer. With the newest Nvidia and ATI card, I have not made up my mind yet :)

Alister
Fantasma
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Fantasma »

The graphics card is a huuuuuge bottleneck for that system
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

locked... this thread is 4 months old and the poster hasn't been back since