Battlefield 2 1.5 Patch is out

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Battlefield 2 1.5 Patch is out

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

I know its an old game, but they made some excellent updates!!
============
Update v1.50
============
FEATURES
- Additional support for Windows Vista.
- Added Highway Tampa as a required map.
- Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
GAMEPLAY TWEAKS
- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced. Please note that the J10 is a superior dogfighter to the F35B and as such these two aircraft will never be equally matched.
- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
- Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".
- Various changes made to prevent cheating.
- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.
The file is a whopping 1.9 gigs!!!

Sadly I CANT FIND A FAST DOWNLOAD ANYWHERE!!!!
bhelms
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: Battlefield 2 1.5 Patch is out

Post by bhelms »

I'm just gonna tough it out. Not gonna go searching for a great server. I'll play it tomorrow haha.

I've been playin BF2 with a friend so much in the last 2 months. So excited about the TV missile screen being changed. Dragon Valley is awesome and the white sky just screws you up on it.

EDIT: Downloaded it from Fileplanet in 30 minutes (after a 30 minute queue of course).
EVGA 750i FTW // E8500 // EVGA GTX260 core216 OC // 4GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz // 150gb WD Raptor // Corsair TX 750w // Antec 1200
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

I keep hoping DiCE is working on an updated version of this as BF2 is possibly my favorite multiplayer game and one of the best contemporary war games out.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I thought they were adding widescreen support too. Is that part of this update?
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

vicaphit wrote:I thought they were adding widescreen support too. Is that part of this update?
BF2 does support widescreen with the "-widescreen" argument in the command line. Has for a long time.
bhelms
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by bhelms »

This patch includes widescreen support.

The Patch Notes:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/60217
EVGA 750i FTW // E8500 // EVGA GTX260 core216 OC // 4GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz // 150gb WD Raptor // Corsair TX 750w // Antec 1200
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

I downloaded it using bittorrent. I have only had a couple chances to play and so far its pretty cool. Its basically 2 or 3 games in one. All the booster packs are now included, and of course that means it sucks for all those that had to pay for them.
I havent really had a chance to test it out to see if its any better, but when I do I will let yall know.

I dont know about the widescreen support since I have been using the start up hack in the .exe shortcut.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

I had to reinstall BF2 recently and now I can't get all the patches to install. It's ticking me off. Here's what's happening.

Install BF 2 = Success
Install BF2 SF = Success
Patch 1.12 to 1.2 = Success
Install EuroForce = Success
Install next patch = FAIL

I thought that since the new version the patch included all the expansions I could just install BF2 and then the 1.5 patch, that installs. But when I try to run the game it crashes before I even see the EA screen.

This is under Vista 64. Any thoughts?
bhelms
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by bhelms »

Install BF2
Install SF
Install 1.41 (http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patche ... h_1.41.exe)
Install 1.5

That's what my friend did, except for the SF part. He doesn't have it.

Well, 2 of my friends actually did it (I bugged them to start playing again). One of them being on 32 bit, one of them being on 64 bit vista. Make sure to run everything, patches and game executable as administrator.

Also, if you haven't played in a long time, you might have to update PB. The best way to do it to make sure everything is right is to download the PBSetup client.
http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloade ... php?file=1

Run that, as admin of course, and add the BF2 game to the list then check for updates.

(Just recommending that because they had to do that as well)
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Excellent! I'll try that tonight. Hopefully the megapatch includes all the expansions.
bhelms
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by bhelms »

It does. No need to install AF or EU or w/e they are called. They are included in the 2gig patch in case people didn't already have them. I did but my friends didn't
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Totally worked! Thanks bro! I was beating my head against my desk over here trying to make this thing work.

Now if I could only make it work for every account on my machine...
bhelms
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by bhelms »

No problem, glad it worked. Lemme know if you're ever gonna be playin for a while and I might join ya if I happen to check. I do check here pretty often.

Been playin a ton lately and my friend who always guns for me in the chopper is outta town... so if you're a good gunner... Seriously lemme know :P
hockeyjockone
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by hockeyjockone »

ok i really need help, i got the 1.5 patch and i got new maps, but i didnt get euro forces or the other expansion packs. the only place i see it is when i go to the community tab then i select it and say "activate" but then my game just quits. I even tried re-downloading the 1.5 patch (but i didnt uninstall my game first so idk if that makes a difference)