AvP for PS3 Updated Version Now Available on PSN

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Digital Puppy

AvP for PS3 Updated Version Now Available on PSN

Post by Digital Puppy »

UPDATED ALIENS VS PREDATOR DEMO AVAILABLE NOW FOR PLAYSTATION 3
SEGA and Rebellion can confirm that a new updated version of the Aliens vs Predator demo is available now on PlayStation Network. The first iteration of the Aliens vs Predator multiplayer demo has now been taken down from PlayStation Network and replaced with this new version.

The first iteration of the demo suffered matchmaking problems resulting in some players experiencing difficulties getting into matches. SEGA and Rebellion have worked closely with Sony to investigate and resolve the issue with this new demo. The new demo also features additional functionality to allow PlayStation 3 users to create their own matches and browse for any available ones to join.

“We are confident that the matchmaking issue has been fixed with this new demo and we will be monitoring community activity closely over the coming days to ensure that it has been fully resolved. We would like to thank the community for all of their valuable feedback and continued patience,” said Gary Knight, European Marketing Director of SEGA Europe.

Rebellion would also like to clarify the reasoning behind the choice of a Deathmatch multiplayer demo for Aliens vs Predator.

“We chose Deathmatch as the mode for the demo as it’s very familiar to all FPS gamers and minimizes restrictions on players while they are getting to grips with the controls of each of the three playable species” said Jason Kingsley, CEO and co-founder of Rebellion. “We have plenty of new modes in the game and players only have to wait a matter of days before they can play them when the game launches.”

For advice on how to discern if you are playing on the old demo please visit http://www.sega.co.uk/news/?n=3939.

Aliens vs Predator is set for release on Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC Games For Windows on February 16th in America and February 19th in Europe.
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
KnightRid

Re: AvP for PS3 Updated Version Now Available on PSN

Post by KnightRid »

I could NEVER get into a match with the old demo. I might give the new one a try, but not that worried about it as I hate the deathmatch crap. Run, shoot, hope you hit them before they hit you...BORING. Now if you could pick strategic positions and try to stop others from completing a set mission, that would be cool.

Has anyone played the demo? is it worth it?
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: