Disney's Epic Mickey - Performance by David Garibaldi

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Disney's Epic Mickey - Performance by David Garibaldi

Post by Apoptosis »

To help promote Disney's Epic Mickey, Performance Artist David Garibaldi creates a piece in front of a live audience and DJ at the 2010 E3 Expo. The art he is producing is very good and he gives a great show with lots of energy. The marketing department at Disney Interactive is using his art all around the L.A. Convention Center and I have to say it's working. The visuals from the concept art and the actual game are unique and very detailed.

Disney Epic Mickey (also known as Super Secret Warren Spector Game Project or Junction Point Studios Project #2) is an upcoming Mickey Mouse video game designed by Warren Spector and developed by Junction Point Studios for the Wii console, using Emergent Game Technologies' Gamebryo Engine. Epic Mickey is part of an effort by The Walt Disney Company to re-brand the Mickey Mouse character by moving away from his current squeaky clean image and reintroducing the mischievous side of his personality. Spector has been collaborating with Walt Disney Feature Animation and Pixar in conjunction with the project. The November edition of Game Informer confirmed Epic Mickey's existence. The game was officially announced on October 28, 2009 in London.
David Garibaldi (born 1982 in Los Angeles, California) is an American performance painter. His specialty is his "Rhythm and Hue" stage act in which he rapidly creates paintings of notable rock musicians. In September 2008, he was the opening act for Blue Man Group's tour in Canada and the United States. He has also opened for Snoop Dogg. During the halftime of a Golden State Warriors basketball game in November 2007, Garibaldi painted Carlos Santana, after which the musician unexpectedly greeted Garibaldi and later signed the creation.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Disney's Epic Mickey - Performance by David Garibaldi

Post by bubba »

I've seen the guy do paintings before, neat look to them. I know he's trying to put on a show, but he needs to stop jumping around so much... He looks like he's off his meds LOL

I can draw, so I do, I cant dance, so I dont :lol:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Digital Puppy

Re: Disney's Epic Mickey - Performance by David Garibaldi

Post by Digital Puppy »

I saw him do another one this morning and this fool can flat-out paint...and even though he gets a bit dramatic, he does do a good job of entertaining. The booth, the art, and the games Disney were showing were very good. Disney spent their money on artists, not 'ambassadors' (ie. Booth Babes).
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.