Fallout3 HELP - controls freeze!

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
stickytape
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Fallout3 HELP - controls freeze!

Post by stickytape »

I've just installed FO3 and have found that often during an interval or interaction, and occasionally in menus, the mouse and keyboard controls lock up. Nor does my task manager indicate that the game has stopped responding. After much trawling of the internet, I've found nothing that resolves my situation.

I've patched FO3 with the latest version - v1.7 US (the only patch installed so far) from the official FO3 website and followed recommended steps provided by the Readme file: error checking and defrag. My computer exceeds all standard requirements (and still the frame rate sucks). This is worse than STALKER.

Is there anything more i can do to resolve the freezing? Help me guys. The game must go on.

For any benefit; I use win7 32-bit and have installed all the latest drivers including mx518 mouse and cyborg command unit (however, keyboard is not immune to freezing either). I'm guessing the problem most likely lies with the game.

Don't they test these games before flooding the market? God, help me understand ](*,)
skier

Re: Fallout3 HELP - controls freeze!

Post by skier »

what CPU, GPU, Memory(RAM) and settings are you using?
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
stickytape
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by stickytape »

- 3GB of Ram (can you tool about with ram?)
- Dual vapor-x 5770 OC (Haven't OC'd myself - though i should learn)
- One of the later, more recommended Intel CPUs
- very high to max graphics settings
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Do you have the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard? Sounds dumb but I'd also check for an updated BIOS.