Battlefield 2

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

That blows!! I hate supporting companies that give crappy services and crappy products, but at the same time, I love the entire BF series. after all the stunts EA has pulled with the whole ranked server crap, it will be hard to buy anything from them in the future.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

Hey it's EA, what do you expect? :lol:

They're in it for the money purely and simply, just like ADV with anime. As long as it sells, nothing else matters.

Well, at least there's hope with Quake Wars on the horizon, and from trusted and well respected developers/publisher who are truly in it for the love of the industry (they could have retired a LOOOONG time ago if they wanted to). :P :mrgreen:
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

Actually, I look forward to Red Orchestra: Ostfront. That is going to be a good game.
FZ1

Re: Battlefield 2

Post by FZ1 »

kenc51 wrote:
capper5016 wrote:I continue to have the issue where the game crashes to the desktop after I select single player or multiplayer. I have tried everything I can think of, and everything listed on numerous forums where this problem seems to be wide spread. After installation the game will actually run until I reboot.
I have reinstalled the game several times, installed the 1.3 patch, and deleted the BF2 folder in ""My Documents"................what next.
I have to say that this game and EA in general suck ass, and after all the problems I had with C&C, I will never recommend their products again. For a company to charge $49 for a game, have crap customer support, then have the game have so many issues, I am seriously disappointed
Capper are you using the onboard sound?? My Audigy card died a few wks ago, I play BF2 with on-board sound...My rig is the same except for SLI and 2GB ram (GT vs GTX but same really)...anyhow....I have to play with sound optios turned way down, otherwise the game will stutter alot...then eventualy just crap-out and I'm back into the desktop...no errors or anything...

(I suspect you have given-up by now......?)
I just bought this game yesterday and I had the same issue. Wicked stuttering. I have the X-FI Xtrememmusic and it would not let me choose to use that hardware. I had to exit the game and choose "game mode" on the X-Fi and then it let me :? After that, I have all the vid settings maxed and if there is a lot of vehicles etc on the screen a get a few slight stutters but thats it.

I'm enjoying this game! I was a big fan of the Delta Force games and used to play them online all the time. I haven't played BF2 online yet though. Maybe we need a BF2 team Legit. :-s
Joe
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Battlefield 2

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

capper5016 wrote:I continue to have the issue where the game crashes to the desktop after I select single player or multiplayer. I have tried everything I can think of, and everything listed on numerous forums where this problem seems to be wide spread. After installation the game will actually run until I reboot.
I have reinstalled the game several times, installed the 1.3 patch, and deleted the BF2 folder in ""My Documents"................what next.
I have to say that this game and EA in general suck ass, and after all the problems I had with C&C, I will never recommend their products again. For a company to charge $49 for a game, have crap customer support, then have the game have so many issues, I am seriously disappointed
i know this is old, and by goodness i hope you found the soulution by now, but incase you havent or no one else has......(i just skimmed though reading this)
BF2 has a problem with X2's and there is a little patch that you have to add so it will only use a single core. WHICH SUCKS!!! I will have to find where i got it but if you need it i can host it out! AGAIN I AM REALLY SORRY I AM LATE ON THIS!
Vstrom wrote: I just bought this game yesterday and I had the same issue. Wicked stuttering. I have the X-FI Xtrememmusic and it would not let me choose to use that hardware. I had to exit the game and choose "game mode" on the X-Fi and then it let me :? After that, I have all the vid settings maxed and if there is a lot of vehicles etc on the screen a get a few slight stutters but thats it.

I'm enjoying this game! I was a big fan of the Delta Force games and used to play them online all the time. I haven't played BF2 online yet though. Maybe we need a BF2 team Legit. :-s
and i have been having the same problem. I thought it was just coincidence that i was getting into bad servers with my 13 ping. LOL However i was able to choose x-fi option and ultra high on the sound. But when i chose that my frames dropped horribly!!! so i brought it back down to high. I wonder if there is a fix for that. :ANAL:
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Hmmm...I didn't patch to use just one core and mine runs fine. I had my task mgr up on my other screen when running and it was definitely using both cores.
Joe
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

:shock: HMMMM becasue if i dont use it my online game will crash. I couldnt tell ya. I was reading a lot of people were having that problem and there were a handfull that werent. Lucky you huh!! LOL
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I haven't tried it online yet although the single player mode emulates an online connection (uses the local IP 192.168.1.1 I believe).
Joe
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

well there is much more to it than that. LOL Try really quick and play online and see if it happens. It happens at differant times for differant people, like for some its right away, others maybe 30 min to an hour. It happened within 5 min for me
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

i've been getting some strange things with the game as well...after about 5 mins or so of playing, my internet connection dies on me.i am hooked through a router on a cable modem. it isnt just the connect to the game server but my computers internet connection dies and then about a min. later it is back up.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

what kind of router do you have?
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

some gateway wireless. I am connected through wire though. i dont remember it doing it ever since i started using that router. i will switch out the router and see if that fixes it...I just keep forgetting to do it until i try and play and get booted then get frustrated and stop using the computer altogether.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

yeah i ask because both of my netgear routers have had problems loosing connection and the one i have now will just randomly reset. I have already taken one back for the same problem, and nowe this one started doing kind of recently. it doesnt happen often thank goodness, but when it does i am out of internet for a good hour! :ANAL:

VSTORM- have you tried online yet?
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I've tried setting the affinity to one core, I've tried setting the resolution to 800x600... nothing works. If I uninstall the game and reinstall it, it runs fine until I reboot.....once I reboot I get an immediate crash to desktop once i start playing the single player game (I don't play online).
Anyone else have any ideas? I'd really complain, but good luck finding someone at EA to complain to
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Played online for about an hour and a half...butter.
Joe
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Sounds like a display driver maybe. I'd do a clean install of them.
Joe
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

Kerii wrote: They're in it for the money purely and simply, just like ADV with anime.
Hmm, I dunno, I kinda liked Neon Genesis Evangelion, the series is pretty damn good, but Viz has them hands down with Fullmetal Alchemist, Inuyasha, and Naruto......yes I am a NERD!!!!!! I watch anime, play MTG (if you don't know what this means you're not a nerd, lol), and loooooooove computers, lol :rolleyes: :finga:
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

Ehh... what?

Much like EA didn't make Battlefield 2 (DICE did), ADV didn't make NGE (GAINAX did). Fullmetal Alchemist - Aniplex, Inuyasha - Sunrise, Naruto - Studio Pierrot. Credit the studio, not the publisher, and definitely not the distributor/localizer.

And all the releases reek of profiteering with no concern for quality AT ALL, just trying to create as much hype as possible to sell as many units as possible. Which is exactly what EA did when they bought out DICE, they pushed the game out before it was anywhere near ready for public consumption (barely beta quality), and immediately pushed the team to come out with an expansion without even allowing time to fix the initial release.

Likewise, ADV's translation work is just plain awful compared to releases from Pioneer and Geneon. It's as if they used Altavista Babelfish for some of those translations and the voice actors sound like washed up Hollywood bums, not to mention ADV hordes licenses to stiff competitors and never even releases many of them. Pretty much... "we don't have the resources or the brains to translate these titles, but we sure as hell aren't going to let anyone else translate them!"

Sounds a lot like another one of our favorite companies doesn't it? :P

When it comes to "downloading" I have zero remorse when it's stuff licensed by ADV. In either case I much rather (and do) have the original Japanese DVDs anyway since they're produced with much better materials and are tougher and last longer. Now if only there was a way to learn fluent Japanese overnight. :lol:

What's MTG anyway? :P
Last edited by Kerii on Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

ok, you're the bigger nerd! :finga:

didn't realize ADV was just a translator......you're right, the sync doesn't appear right in some of their stuff......I didn't even think about it until you said something. My bad my bad.......I just watch the stuff, I don't know the actual business doings with the translators.

In that case, Geneon translated Samurai Champloo and S-cry-ED, right? I really like both of them as well. It does sound a lot like Micro$oft and their bulls**t.

Still, you gotta admit Fullmetal, Inuyasha, and the others I mentioned are good, and like I said I even like NGE, though not as much as the others because it's just a bit overdone (hmm, makes me wonder where Big O came from, roflmao).

And.....MTG= Magic: The Gathering.....I guess you don't play huh? Good to know there's an anime buff in here though.....makes me feel like I'm no longer alone, lol :mrgreen:

Also, didn't Pioneer translate Akira? I can't remember, but I remember that this anime looks fricking sweet on DVD......want to own it again, lol, as I had to sell my DVD collection several times over for bullcrap in the past, lol.
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

Geneon (edit: not Pioneer, sorry) handled the localization of Samurai Champloo, s-CRY-ed was handled by Sunrise/Bandai, and Akira (according to Wikipedia) was brought to the U.S. by Orion Pictures.

Yeah, I don't play Magic, lol. I do have some Magic cards though, I really don't even remember how I came by them, I just remember having them for at least ten years. Pokemon cards on the other hand... :lol:

Yeah, well... that lasted a good year or so when I was a wee tyke. Maybe if I didn't get so good at every game I played people would've been more willing to play against me. :mrgreen:
My Mewtwo psychic deck pretty much sat unused in the closet. :lol:

Last edited by Kerii on Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.