PR: ACON4 Finalists Announced + Online Contest

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

PR: ACON4 Finalists Announced + Online Contest

Post by Apoptosis »

I'm going to be in China covering this event next week so it should be good! You guys should go enter the contest too! Guess who is going to win and you could win a free gaming PC! I don't know any of the gamers on the list, so I wouldn't expect you to!
May 27, 2004 – With qualifiers in 21 countries and territories, ACON4 is one of the largest and most exciting gaming tournaments ever devised. Around the world, thousands of avid gamers tested their skills with the toughest competition in their respective regions. The dust has settled, and the following 18 combatants have emerged as champions in their countries, earning the right to represent their country at the ACON4 finals in Shanghai, China.

Australia BMi_PhilBot
Nordics 1 SK.HeMaN
Benelux 4K.Grubby
Nordics 2 CoReY
China YolinY.Suho
Poland KrawieC
France SK.FaTC
Russia Deadman
Germany mTw|Tak3r
South Korea SK.Sweet
Hong Kong CPTP.13U[2HG]
Spain BILLY_LO_
Italy Caf1
Taiwan Myth.CareFly
Thailand Toey
N. America mTw-Wizard
UK TAG-BoNd

On June 6th, one of these contestants will reign supreme as the first ever ACON4 World Champion.

Think you know who will take home the championship? ABIT, along with Intel, Kingston, Western Digital, Dong Feng Yueda Kia Motors, Viewsonic and ATI invite you to be a part of the ACON4 Place Your Bets Contest. From now until June 5th, head over to http://www.abitgamer.com and enter the contest page. From there, users can choose the contestant they think will become the ACON4 World Champion. There are some awesome prizes up for grabs, including the ACON4 SuperSystem, valued at US$3,000! If your chosen contestant places 5th, for example, then your name will be entered into a random drawing for the 5th place prize package. If they place 1st, then you'll be entered for the 1st place prize package.

"This is going to turn out to be an interesting contest for users around the world," noted ABIT Marketing Director Scott Thirlwell. "Users will be able to see how many votes each contestant has received so far, and base their choices on this dynamic." You can see the latest vote tallies online at http://www.abitgamer.com.

18 finalists. 18 prize packages. Stake your claim in the ACON4 Place Your Bets Contest today!

For more information on the ACON4 Place Your Bets Contest and the ACON4 Finalists, go here:
http://www.abitgamer.com
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

South Korea SK.Sweet

dont know but i feel lucky.

[edit] no way man this guys got it going on. [/edit]
Last edited by infinitevalence on Fri May 28, 2004 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Sublime
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Sublime »

Nordics 1 SK.HeMaN

Sounds like a winner! "HeMaN" brings back childhood memories ;)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Pictures of all the finalists

I got my money on TAG-BoNd

Looks like he's set to go :weedman: