Diablo III

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Diablo III

Post by DragonFury »

Just out of curiosity, so how many people bought into Diablo III game?

I did not buy it, as i thought the graphics just plain suck, the game play sucked, performance sucked, and not being able to span the game sucked. I played during the open beta of Diablo III. Then I heard that Blizzard required an internet connection to play, I put all Blizzard games on my DO NOT buy list. Truthfully Blizzard IMO is a crappy game manufacturer anyways, all they truly do is remake the same sh*t in a different time (reminds you of some games like Call of DODO, Halo, Mass effect 3.......)
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Diablo III

Post by bubba »

Planning on getting it, but I played 1 and 2.

It looks to be lots better than 2 for looks and play. I have a couple buddies that have gotten it, but I haven't talked to them to see how they like it yet.

If you want something with a lot of eye candy look at Trine 2, haven't played it yet but the styling of it looks great.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

I will have to look into that. I realize there is more to a game then graphics, but if they going to skimp out on one thing then it needs to be better in other areas, ie gameplay, story line etc. etc. For a game that was in the making for 10 years, blizzard could have done a lot better.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
alexbilas
Legit User
Legit User

Post by alexbilas »

It can't be that bad. Diablo is the best game for decades. If you played Diablo 2 before, you should also like diablo 3. :-(
g0dslay3r
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by g0dslay3r »

never played d2 before but d3 is just plain horrible.the fact that you have to be constantly online means you are subjected to blizzard's crappy servers.6 hours maintenance and lots of lag.melee is horribly unbalanced while ranged must run glass canons on inferno unless they have a lot of money to buy resist+dps gear.elites/champs have annoying affixes on inferno.the story is crap.it starts out good but as you progress through the acts,you can feel that it is rushed.also not much build variability on higher difficulties.some skills just become useless

the game itself is fun the first two play throughs but afterwards it just feels like a chore.difficulty spikes a lot.feels like you must buy something from the auction house to continue or else you gotta grind for a long time with the low drop rates
cybergrimes
Legit User
Legit User

Post by cybergrimes »

I downloaded the free beta weekend and only gave it like 30 minutes of play. It was too radical of a change... I tried to be open minded but all the things I liked about Diablo 2 were not there, not really. The skill tree had me crying in horror! I want to customize-- I want to apply stats even if they mean nothing, give me that feel of crafting my character.

Changes to inventory and picking up gold/potions are sweet, taking some tedious chores out of the mix...

I was a pretty regular Diablo 2 player, never online though. I purchased the game at release back in 2000 and kept it all the way through 2009 when I threw it in the trash in an effort to stop myself from booting up a new play through on my umpteenth character. Sometimes you just have to move on... (I'm still getting D2 itches 3 years later 8-[ )