Borderlands 2

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
alister
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Borderlands 2

Post by alister »

Anyone else playing yet?
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Borderlands 2

Post by DragonFury »

I am but since I updated to the new amd drivers it keeps crashing
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
alister
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by alister »

I thought the new AMD drivers were specifically for Borderlands 2. I have Nvidia and one of my friends has AMD and he has not had any crashes. Did you try rolling back your drivers?
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

I got it fixed now.
Mini ME
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I got the first one free on Playstation Plus and started playing yesterday. I am not impressed. I would rather have had a Fallout type interface/control structure or any other RPG. Heck I dont even know what all those med kits are for yet. Now I only did a few missions and one was to fix the machine supplying them, so I am a noob still.

Has the interface changed in the second one?
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

for the most part it is very similar game play wise. but there has been some major changes to how you change weapons, and the skill tree. there is also a achievement skill tree that as you do certain achievements you get points and you can use those points on other attributes.
Mini ME
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

On of the issues with Borderlands 2 that I have seen is that it plays smooth as silk for a little bit and then the performance just tanks. Sometimes leaving the game and coming back fixes it, other times just bringing up a dialog with a NPC and it clears right up. And changing the resolution (dropping it) does not work, also reducing the graphic settings does not help. Another issue that ties itself into the previous performance issue is that if there is a lot of things on the screen (bad guys and such) the performance takes a huge hit. I did find a performance tweak that will give us much needed performance with this particular game title. The bad thing is that you will have to turn off DoF (Depth of Field, which I personally think that they go a bit to far with this in a lot of games anyways), In the C:\Users\Your User Name\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\Config locate the WIllowengine.ini file (and open it in notepad) locate this line: DefaultPostProcessName=WillowEngineMaterials.WillowScenePostProcess, and replace it with this: DefaultPostProcessName=EngineMaterials.DefaultUIPostProcess, this tweak will eliminate that damn black outlining over all of the items in this game (gets rid of that cartoonish looks) and it helps solves a lot of performance issues. Again this helps solve a lot of performance issues, you will still have occasional slow downs or lag spikes but it is no where near what it was prior to this tweak. Also if you are a AMD Radeon vid user, download the newest driver 12-8 and the 12.8 Cap 3 profile and set it to Borderlands 2, also down load the latest Nvidia's Ageia physx drivers, and then set the physix to low, if you are using a fairly powerful up to date computer (Quad core or better and operating at a high frequency of 4+ GHz) you might be able to play at higher Nivida physx levels, again this will impact your performance greatly if you do.
Mini ME
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

Here are some SS of Borderlands 2 with the black outline (above tweak applied)

These images are 5760 x 1080 you have been warned.

Mini ME
alister
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by alister »

I have everything basically maxed on my graphics setting including physx and have not noticed any slow downs. It runs fairly smooth.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

I am using an amd vids, for some odd reasoning the performance just was not there, but then it is an nvidia optimized game. it didn't matter what graphic settings i was using the performance tanks while leaving on the black outline. plus the black out lining looks stupid imo
Mini ME
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

just picked it up today
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

You will like the story line, lot better then the first one. I liked the Siren best because she was able to kill baddies faster with her ability then the other classes, plus I like to look at females more then I do males, they look so much better :p....
Mini ME
alister
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by alister »

Apoptosis wrote:just picked it up today
PC, Xbox, or PS3?