Doom 3 a day early!!!

A place to rant and rave about all the current gaming titles!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Doom 3 a day early!!!

Post by Apoptosis »

Thank god for Best Buy breaking the rules!!!! It's real and its being installed right now!

More screen shots and info later!
Flux
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Flux »

There goes Nate, finding the loop holes again....
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

no wonder he loged off the net for a while, he must be "testing" the game.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

testing... I'm addicted already...the sound is amazing... The graphics are killer... My 9800 Pro 256mb 256bit card at 1024x768 stutters just a tad in some scenes with my 3.8EE on my Socket 478 personal system.

This is honestly the best game play I've had since the first AVP (Aliens Versus Predator) back in late 1999 early 2000. I just got done doing the 3 S's and I had to get Micky D's for dinner due to this damn game...

My Quakecon Rig (my frist mod box) is going to love this game. More info on that rig later too...
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

BB broke the rules even earlier in some stores. There was one being sold on EBay a few days back already. Damn Best Buy... err... damn EB Games. EB better have my copy tomorrow!!!!
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Im going to need a new graphics card if im ever going to play doom3 my gforce2 mx will never cut it. :( any one with a card they want to donate/sell or any vendor looking for a gfx review send me a pm/email.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

ATI Rocks!!!

Just got this in the inbox...
I wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know that ATI is making a pre-release version of its upcoming CATALYST 4.9 driver available to its customers (in conjunction with the recent release of Doom 3). This pre-WHQL driver will deliver a great experience for RADEON customers playing Doom 3. The beta driver is intended to get Doom 3 performance enhancements into the hands of gamers as soon as possible. Testing and qualification of the driver will continue and the WHQL certified CATALYST 4.9 driver will be posted in September and will include additional features and functionality.

Beta drivers are not supported by ATI's technical support teams. For other games and applications or for customers requiring a supported driver, ATI recommends that customers continue to use the WHQL certified CATALYST 4.7 driver or the WHQL certified CATALYST 4.8 driver which will be available shortly from ATI.com

The beta driver can be downloaded form http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4547.html Please let me know if you have any questions.
Download and play away.. Nothing like drivers tweaked for Doom 3!!!
A10Pilot3
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by A10Pilot3 »

I am getting the game tomorrow if Best Buy has it and I will be writing a very in-depth review of the game. Unfortunately I'm leaving for Canada for over a week :D :cry: so it will probably be two weeks before the review will be finished. Stay tuned though!