PLUSTEK LAUNCHES SMARTOFFICE PS286 PLUS DOCUMENT SCANNER

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Duplex scanning of documents and cards to searchable PDF files allow users to work smarter
CERRITOS, Calif. (August 19, 2010) – Plustek Technology Inc. (www.plustek.com/usa), a manufacturer of imaging devices (including portable scanners, sheet fed/flat bed scanners, wide format scanners) and network video recorders for IP cameras, today announced the SmartOffice PS286 Plus document scanner, the latest offering from Plustek’s award-winning line of SmartOffice series scanners. The SmartOffice PS286 Plus is an Energy Star Certified, high-speed, workgroup class, document scanner with an Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) that is ideal for anyone looking to go paperless.

The SmartOffice PS286 Plus is a step up from the previously launched SmartOffice PS282. New features of the SmartOffice PS286 Plus include; faster duplex scan speed (50 images/minute), scan to FTP via DocAction, and the ability to scan A3 sized documents via internal image stitching. The SmartOffice PS286 Plus features a 50-page ADF and 1,500 page-per-day duty cycle, making this scanner ideal for growing businesses -- both small and large. The scanner is designed to scan business documents (up to 14 inches long) and rigid cards, such as ID cards and drivers licenses (up to 1.2mm thick), without operator adjustments.

The included software productivity suite featuring ABBYY FineReader Sprint allows the user to easily create and manage searchable PDFs to archive documents, making record keeping and file maintenance effortless. Industry standard TWAIN drivers combined with TIF, JPG, PDF and Microsoft Office file formats ensure compatibility with thousands of scanning and imaging programs. Built in image processing insures the highest image quality, reduces rescans, and increases OCR accuracy. With an MSRP USD of $449, the Plustek SmartOffice PS286 Plus scanner is an affordable image solution for home office, small businesses and workgroup scanning tasks.

Sales/Purchase

The SmartOffice PS286 Plus scanner is available now. All Plustek products can be purchased from authorized resellers, DMRs, VARs, and distributors NewWave Technologies, Ingram Micro and D&H. For more information, please contact Plustek at [email protected].

ABOUT PLUSTEK
Respected as one of the world's leading image solution providers, Plustek manufactures and delivers high-quality scanners and other imaging products to buyers worldwide, reaching millions of consumers. In business since 1986, Plustek began as an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for many large companies, creating an innovative array of products including: scanners, IP cameras, NVRs, servers and imaging-related devices. Through a combination of design innovation and strict attention to usability and manufacturing quality, Plustek has grown to become one of the largest image solution providers in the world.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
larmod38
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: PLUSTEK LAUNCHES SMARTOFFICE PS286 PLUS DOCUMENT SCANNER

Post by larmod38 »

Hi,

Can you tell me the features of SMARTOFFICE PS286 PLUS DOCUMENT SCANNER as I have heard a lot about it? I want to buy a scanner for my project work. If it will have some good features I will think of buying this.

Thanks