Press release: OCZ Announces PC2-6400 Enhanced Bandwidth DDR

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
drexor69
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Press release: OCZ Announces PC2-6400 Enhanced Bandwidth DDR

Post by drexor69 »

I kid you not, this was in my email just now. An actual pre-paper launch!

This takes marketing to a whole new level.

Here is our most recent PR. News posts are appreciated.

OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra high-performance memory solutions for PC enthusiasts and gamers today announced the impending release of high their performance PC2-4300, PC2-5300 and PC2-6400 Enhanced Bandwidth DDR-II module family.

OCZ will be testing all DDR-II modules and dual channel kits to ensure maximum stability and functionality at specified clock frequencies and latency settings. While DDR-II platforms are still in development, we expect major chipset manufacturers to support PC2-5300 / PC2-6400 within the year.

"We believe that DDR II modules at 667 MHz and 800 MHz will eventually become viable replacements for current DDR modules said Dr. Michael Schuette, director of technology development with OCZ Technology Group. "While there may not be an immediate benefit from the transition towards DDR II, OCZ, true to their reputation as market leader, is allocating resources towards the refinement of the DDR II standard to develop the new EB DDR II line of memory modules.

OCZ Enhanced Bandwidth DDR II modules exceed current JEDEC specifications with respect to both frequency and latency settings to offer the customers the best DDR II modules on the market.

Link: http://www.ocztechnology.com/aboutocz/press/2004/98

Thanks - Ryan
Last edited by drexor69 on Tue May 25, 2004 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

I dont see why people get angry with them for haveing a very good marketing team. So they anouced they will some day build ddr2 at reasonable speeds good for them. I take it like i always do show me a product.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
drexor69
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by drexor69 »

So, I should probably go ahead and announce this transporter I've heard about but never seen and don't have so I beat everyone else to market eh?
Last edited by drexor69 on Tue May 25, 2004 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Thats a good plan, that way your it looks like your first to market. :)

PS canadian? eh.
drexor69
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by drexor69 »

I think I'll start selling the steaming piles of stuff the dogs keep leaving in my yard. I know it stinks, but at least its real and I can ship today...
Last edited by drexor69 on Wed May 26, 2004 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Now all you need is OCZ crack marketing team to come up with a plan. That and you need a brand name. "XPOO" "P00" "PO2-4500"
Maestro
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Maestro »

Huh?? a very good marketing team at OCZ? according to who?
if the product won't be out for another six months why not wait six months to publish the press release and announce it when you really have something? Or why don't we all just file OCZ press releases away for six months before reading them? If you ask me they're just desperate for attention.

I haven't even seen their 600MHz modules yet. OCZ announces VAPORWARE!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

No one has seen their DDR600 modules yet from the people I know in the review community. I'm on the list to get some though, so eventually I'm sure I'll get some modules.
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

DDRII, cant do anything with it until the end of June, its pointless unless u got a DDR II board and compatible CPU, that measn Intel LGA755 CPU's.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Immortal...

Reviewers tend to have new CPU's 2-6 weeks before the product launch. It's safe to assume some of us have LGA775 platforms up and running. :wink:
drexor69
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by drexor69 »

Apoptosis wrote:No one has seen their DDR600 modules yet from the people I know in the review community. I'm on the list to get some though, so eventually I'm sure I'll get some modules.
LOL!! One more example of OCZ's crack marketing team!

I'd lay odds that if and when you ever get samples you wouldn't even want them because:

A) You'll be too busy with current generation products to even think about throwing together a phase change system just so you can even have a hope of running a system that fast.

Or

B) OCZ quietly cancels the product alltogether once DDR2 starts shipping as it (DDR1 PC4800) will never have any volumn anyway.

Besides, if it really existed our buddy Wesly would have already posted a review on it...
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

Apop, im not saying you have an LGA755 CPU's and im not saying you have an LGA755 mobo with DDR-II, could you post some picies... ;) ;) ;)

if not, when does ur NDA expire.... :twisted: :twisted: