Apple annouces Dual 2.5 G5

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Apple annouces Dual 2.5 G5

Post by infinitevalence »

http://www.apple.com/powermac/
The creative class needs superior tools to produce designs, music, high-definition video or the next scientific breakthrough. The new Power Mac G5 line spans as far as you require. Its dual 64-bit G5 processors — with speeds of up to 2.5GHz — room for up to 8GB of main memory, 8X SuperDrive and ultrahigh-bandwidth system architecture will give you more results than systems costing twice as much. Models start at $1999.
$2000 for a dual G5 is not to bad.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

AND DONT FORGET THE LIQUID COOLING!!!

http://www.apple.com/powermac/design.html
The dual 2.5GHz Power Mac G5 features an innovative liquid cooling system that’s more efficient than a traditional heat sink. This system provides a continuous flow of thermally conductive fluid that transfers heat from the processors as they work harder. The heated fluid then flows through a radiant grille, where air passing over cooling fins returns the fluid to its original temperature.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I was reading up on that a bit ago.........I wasn't to impressed with their water cooling system................. :shock:
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I've been stuck using my wife's IMAC for the last couple of days, I can't wait to get my system back up and running.....Apple SUCKS!!!
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

is she using osx?? if so i think you need to spend some time with it. I love osx i just dont like the $3000 apple tax.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

yeah, she has Jaguar. It is a personal preference, mostly little things. She is very happy with it, while i miss my setup tremendously.....geez now I have to spend time with her and stuff. JK.
Apple is fine, her computer keeps her happy and does everything she asks. I just like to tinker alot, and have always used Windows. no offense to any MAC fans