Acer’s TravelMate B113 Notebook Series Announced

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Acer’s TravelMate B113 Notebook Series Announced

Post by Apoptosis »

Acer’s TravelMate B113 Notebook Series: The Perfect Everyday Learning Companion

Ultra-slim at one-inch thin and just 3 pounds light, the TravelMate B113 easily fits students’ backpacks without adding excess weight.
Full-featured TravelMate notebooks outfitted with up to the latest “Ivy Bridge” 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i3 processors and Windows 8 Pro and Windows 7 Professional operating systems.
The TravelMate B113 allows students to create and share content with friends and schoolmates, even in real time.
2012-12-03, San Jose, CA
Thin and light with long battery life, Acer America today announced availability of the new TravelMate B113 notebook PC for U.S. and Canadian customers. An ideal solution for institutional customers, the TravelMate B113 meets all the needs for productivity, communication and mobility needed in today’s e-learning environment.

“Acer has had great success with the 11.6-inch form factor in the education market because their compact size is ideal in a classroom setting, even for the youngest of students,” said Michael O’Beirne, Acer senior director, commercial product marketing. “The TravelMate B113 notebook is an important addition to our notebook portfolio, as it combines everything educators and students need, including exceptional performance, durability and reliability for a best-in-class mobile experience.”

Fast, Efficient and Reliable Notebook Performance
The TravelMate B113 notebook allows students to create and share content with friends and schoolmates, even in real time. Perfect for both beginners and advanced users, it provides basic functionality and ease of use. With its six-cell battery, the TravelMate B113 can achieve more than seven hours of battery life(1), avoiding the need for recharging in the classroom where only a few outlets may be available.

Powered by up to a third-generation Intel® Core™ i3 processor, the TravelMate B113 notebooks ensure smart performance that adapts to students’ needs. The TravelMate B113 packs up to 4GB of DDR3 memory and is upgradeable to 8GB. It provides plenty of space to store and manage important documents and media thanks to a spacious SATA hard disk with up to 500GB of capacity(2).

The TravelMate B113 allows teachers and students to view crisp images and deliver superb presentations via the notebook’s 11.6-inch Acer ComfyView LCD LED backlit display with HD (1366x768) resolution and a 16:9 aspect ratio. The “ComfyView” display has an anti-glare matte surface, which reduces mirror-like reflections and improves viewing in bright light.

Ultra-slim at one-inch thin and just 3 pounds light, the TravelMate B113 is extremely manageable and easily fits students’ backpacks without adding excess weight. Despite its small size, this notebook has a keyboard with large keys that make typing more comfortable.

The TravelMate B113 notebooks offer a full range of advanced connectivity solutions including Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi and Bluetooth, making it easier to access and share documents in the classroom. The Acer Video Conference solution, including a high-def webcam and built-in microphone, also enables high-quality video conferences, so that teachers and students can easily keep in touch while e-learning.

Premium Security and Manageability
The TravelMate B113 comes packed with extra levels of security and management tools, allowing a teacher or school IT manager to protect their data. Acer ProShield Manager, a suite of essential security and manageability tools, integrates fundamental features in a unified user interface. The multi-level Acer ProShield prevents unauthorized access while safeguarding the B113 notebook’s valuable assets and data integrity. Acer ProShield features pre-boot authentication (PBA) and protects the notebook from the BIOS level all the way to the application level. Users can create a Personal Secure Drive (PSD) to seamlessly store and encrypt all critical files, ensuring that if the notebook is lost or stolen, the data cannot be accessed. Unwanted files or folders can be permanently removed beyond recovery thanks to the File Shredder utility. Finally, it offers the automated solution to manage IT assets remotely.

The TravelMate B113 has another layer of security with Acer Backup that protects valuable data, media and other digital assets. Acer eRecovery Manager provides on-demand recovery. Additionally, the TravelMate B113 comes with Acer Office Manager (AOM), a manageability solution, which allows IT managers to deploy security policies, monitor IT assets, and schedule maintenance tasks in one simple application.

Pricing, Eco-Compliance and Warranty
The Acer TravelMate B113 notebooks are available now in the U.S. and Canada at authorized Acer resellers. Prices for the TravelMate B113 begin at $399 in the U.S. and at $369 CAD in Canada.

Acer professional notebooks are submitted to a series of reliability tests and are compliant with the most stringent industry criteria. These TravelMate B113 series models are Energy Star® qualified, ensuring energy savings and longer battery life.

The new Acer TravelMate B113 Series comes with a standard two-year parts and labor warranty(3), which can be extended to three years of Acer Advantage service. Additionally, some models have longer warranties offered through specific channel partners. All Acer notebooks and netbooks are backed by toll-free service and support.

About Acer
Since its founding in 1976, Acer has broken barriers between people and technology, enabling people to explore beyond limits. Acer ranks No. 2 for notebook PCs globally.(4) The Acer Group employs 8,000 people across the globe, and revenues for 2011 reached US$15.7 billion.
Acer's channel business model is instrumental to the company's success, while its multi-brand approach integrates Acer, Gateway, and Packard Bell brands in worldwide markets. Acer designs environmentally friendly products and, with its vendors, has established a green supply chain.
Acer is proud to be a Worldwide Partner of the Olympic Movement. That includes supporting the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games and London 2012 Olympic Games.
More information is at http://www.acer.com.

© 2012 Acer America Corp. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners. All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available through all sales channels. Prices listed are manufacturer suggested retail prices and may vary by location. Applicable sales tax extra.

Battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings and applications or features launched. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
Access capacity varies; MB = million bytes; GB = 1 billion bytes
Limited warranties and service agreements apply. May not be available in all locations. Availability varies. Other conditions apply. For a copy, write to Acer Customer Service, P.O. Box 6137, Temple, TX 76503.
Source: Gartner data FY 2011
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
robster
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: Acer’s TravelMate B113 Notebook Series Announced

Post by robster »

Hello Everyone,

I recently ordered the Acer 11.6" TravelMate B TMB113-M-6889, due to the fact that it seemed well-suited to my needs as a student, with its light weight form-factor. However, I recently found out about the ThinkPad X131e, and am consequently wondering whether the Lenovo would in fact, be a wiser purchase. If anyone has had any experience with both models, I would appreciate feedback, on which they prefer. My main considerations are weight (the Lenovo is slightly heavier?), durability (the Lenovo would likely come out ahead in this department, although the Acer is likely reasonably sturdy), build quality (the Lenovo would likely come out ahead in this department, in terms of keyboard quality), and display quality, in terms of brightness, vividness of color, while keeping reflections to a minimum.

Basically, I think that I have made the right decision with the Acer, as it is slightly lighter, and durability should not be a very major factor, as I am an adult, and am not likely to be as rough on it as a k-12 student would be.

Beyond these considerations, is there anything else that make one laptop better for a college student than the other?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I thank everyone in advance for their replies.

Best,
Robert