I7 920 folding

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: I7 920 folding

Post by Wifuzzy »

There are 1920 a1 cores also...I assume they do not count.
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

damn...went home at lunch and my i7 had rebooted. Had to re-learn an oveclocking lesson. Last night I had to tear apart 3 computers to get one ready for 2 new video cards, swap PSUs mostly. But 1 change I had to do was put my 8800 GTS in the i7 machine. Installed drivers...installed rivatuner. By this time it was midnight...mistake #1...better get this done quick. Ran rivatuner...and...no shader clocks..crap. I forgot those drivers I had screwed up rivatuner. Midtake #2....did not change the driver. I figure that not overclocking the card is probably a good thing, so I'll just leave it alone....mistake #3...I shut off rivatuner and went to bed.
Heat is a bad thing to oveclocked computers....duh. So I left the card at stock setting and it promptly climbed to 70C and heated up the motherboard components.....crash here we come. Got home at lunch...set the fan in rivatuner to manual. Cranked the fan up to 80%. The gpu temps dropped from 70C to 51C, ambient are temp dopped fron 49C to 37C, system temps dropped from 34C to 30C and the chipset dropped from 60C to 54C.
Sometimes you just need a little reminder....
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

Sigh....and still no bigadv bouns. Between the i7 and 965 that is 11 A_2 cores that qualify....I guess there must be a difference in the keys I was given. O well...I know that the i7 is on it's 7th unit and I guess I will just have to wait.

edit: Just checked...keys are the same on both machines.......?
spitter
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by spitter »

Did you use the same email account for all your keys??? It seems that it doesn't matter which key I put in, I get the bonus even if I didn't fold ten a2s on that key, but both keys have the same email address.
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

spitter wrote:Did you use the same email account for all your keys??? It seems that it doesn't matter which key I put in, I get the bonus even if I didn't fold ten a2s on that key, but both keys have the same email address.
I would think so, I only have 1 email address. I'll just waite I guess. But I will check the email address at stanford.....just in case.

Edit: holy crap. I finially got my first bigadv bonus :)
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

I now have my first bigadv bonus....97,000 points yesterday :drinkers:
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

That's one nice update. Looks like your ready for another folding war. :supz: I guess 1 million points is to low :lol:
Wifuzzy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Wifuzzy »

Folding war...my avarage is 8000 ppd....honest wink wink
spitter
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by spitter »

8)