Oh Folding at Home

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh Folding at Home

Post by dicecca112 »

One of my two systems decided to take a dive, Windows needed to be reinstalled, but I'm sick today, and don't have the chance to fix it. So I'm stuck with a Dual Core T7xxx series not getting very good WU right now. The system can't run SMP due to security not allowing the smpd daemon to run right. So that is explaining my lack of production. I might bring my macbook online in the meantime. Was nice doing 80K last month, now I'm lucky if I'll do 20K this month.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Oh Folding at Home

Post by Apoptosis »

damn... our team is taking a beating this month!
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
geokilla

Post by geokilla »

dicecca112 wrote:One of my two systems decided to take a dive, Windows needed to be reinstalled, but I'm sick today, and don't have the chance to fix it. So I'm stuck with a Dual Core T7xxx series not getting very good WU right now. The system can't run SMP due to security not allowing the smpd daemon to run right. So that is explaining my lack of production. I might bring my macbook online in the meantime. Was nice doing 80K last month, now I'm lucky if I'll do 20K this month.
Security? What do you mean by that?
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.16V (CPU-Z + LinX)
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F14 BIOS
ASUS GTX 460 768MB @ 800/1950
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB @ DDR-1333
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
Western Digital Black 1TB
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

geokilla wrote:
dicecca112 wrote:One of my two systems decided to take a dive, Windows needed to be reinstalled, but I'm sick today, and don't have the chance to fix it. So I'm stuck with a Dual Core T7xxx series not getting very good WU right now. The system can't run SMP due to security not allowing the smpd daemon to run right. So that is explaining my lack of production. I might bring my macbook online in the meantime. Was nice doing 80K last month, now I'm lucky if I'll do 20K this month.
Security? What do you mean by that?
Due to the way AD works on certain hardware in our organization, I don't have the privileges to allow connection through the firewall for the SMP daemon. I can only run two single core clients.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Seem to have got it working again, I have a weird issue where only when someone is actively using the computer does folding run correctly. Time frames go to hours when nobody is using it. I've setup NotFreds VM, and it seems to working better. Last night it worked without a hitch. So heres to hoping.
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hark »

I have recently joined the team with my 8800GT. I only fold when I'm home, though. I'm around rank 149 on the team, I believe.