We only have 33 active folders for LR.

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: We only have 33 active folders for LR.

Post by vbironchef »

What we need here is construction intervention. I'm taking about the new tv show on the discovery channel. It's a really good show and we motivation like that to get LR to the next level. What can we do to do that?
Wavid
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Wavid »

i just got into F@H, username is jy0725, but it can't find any work to do...is this normal?
spitter
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by spitter »

Wavid wrote:i just got into F@H, username is jy0725, but it can't find any work to do...is this normal?
What folding client(s) are you running, usually if you close the client(s) and restart them they will find a work server.
Wavid
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Wavid »

no worries, problem solved. my first workload should be finished by 9:30 or 10. :finga:
spitter
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by spitter »

Wavid wrote:no worries, problem solved. my first workload should be finished by 9:30 or 10. :finga:

cool,
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

my friend has his PC over at my place with a 295 in it. I am going to let it fold for a bit since its here.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
Mad_Goku
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Mad_Goku »

Sorry I've been off the LR boards. I have been having some parts failures in my rigs. My Opteron machine went down with a power supply issue which has yet to be replaced, my e8400 pc has been having stability issues when folding that I haven't gotten around to working on, I sold my e6600 pc and my i7 rig isn't folding because I game on it every day.

I just picked up the 965BE from bwall a few weeks ago and need to get some funds together to build a new rig around it. Need everything from case to hard drives...but I'm really excited to get it up and running to see what its capable of.

Really sorry I haven't been on much lately, been hard to get motivated back into PC building because I've been in car upgrade mode.
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.8ghz
Asus P8P67 PRO
ATI 5870
8 GB G-Skill Ripjaw X 1600 @ 7-8-7-24
120gb G-Skill Sniper SSD

Wavid
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Wavid »

which client do you use? the one i downloaded is for "normal" PCs, since the "high performance" client didn't work.
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

Finally put that phenom rig together. I'm going to have to dunk it in water though before I get it folding. My comp room is at 88oF and it's 12:20 in the morning if that tells you anything.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

I totally understand. It's getting hot where I live too. Really have to watch the temps. so I don't fold with the Graphic Cards much.
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

I really need a house with a basement. I think that's going to have to be the solution. When we moved in here I planned on only staying 5 years. We're at the 5 year mark and the economy is still poo. Haven't seen a raise in 3 years and the wife works part time (it was that or pay around 1k a month in daycare). ANYWAY, that has nothing to do with my heating issue. Maybe I'll skip the gpu folding and try my hand at SMP on that phenom. I was going to water cool it, (thinking that small Corsair unit) but the case I stuffed everything into is too small. So back to air cooling... Back to trying to find the right cooling solution for that thing. Stock HSF is way too noisy and I know I can find something better (still thinking one of those Scythe low profile setups - either the 100mm or 140mm).

For now I have my 4850 going again on my main rig, which is water cooled.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell