Official Folding War 2011 - Smack Thread

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Official Folding War 2011 - Smack Thread

Post by dicecca112 »

Post any Smack you wish
KnightRid

Re: Official Folding War 2011 - Smack Thread

Post by KnightRid »

long term consistency is more important than a 1 time boost :p

Oh and I rule, well except the ones above me, damn you

Come and get me :finga:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

My first smack talk is about the time of the folding war. June! Can you pick a warmer month? This folding war should be in the winter time. I will do my best to keep up my PPD, but let's be real. Using graphic cards in 100 degree temps is not something I'm a fan of. Running 2 or 3 rigs in a condo with temps in the 100's is crazy. Ok, that's my only smack for now. Yes I could run the A.C. 24/7 and my electric bill would be over 300 dollars a month. Not going to happen. I will do everything I can to keep KnightRid in the number 3 spot on our team! :finga: Just having fun KnightRid :lol:
mizort1989
Legit User
Legit User

Post by mizort1989 »

vbironchef wrote:My first smack talk is about the time of the folding war. June! Can you pick a warmer month? This folding war should be in the winter time. I will do my best to keep up my PPD, but let's be real. Using graphic cards in 100 degree temps is not something I'm a fan of. Running 2 or 3 rigs in a condo with temps in the 100's is crazy. Ok, that's my only smack for now. Yes I could run the A.C. 24/7 and my electric bill would be over 300 dollars a month. Not going to happen. I will do everything I can to keep KnightRid in the number 3 spot on our team! :finga: Just having fun KnightRid :lol:
totally agree with you and also running the rigs in these conditions requires monitoring temps and frequencies and right now

i think most students like me have their second semester exams

wish me luck guys and hopefully i wont stop folding in the next couple of days
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

vbironchef wrote:My first smack talk is about the time of the folding war. June! Can you pick a warmer month? This folding war should be in the winter time. I will do my best to keep up my PPD, but let's be real. Using graphic cards in 100 degree temps is not something I'm a fan of. Running 2 or 3 rigs in a condo with temps in the 100's is crazy. Ok, that's my only smack for now. Yes I could run the A.C. 24/7 and my electric bill would be over 300 dollars a month. Not going to happen. I will do everything I can to keep KnightRid in the number 3 spot on our team! :finga: Just having fun KnightRid :lol:
I WILL run my ac if I have to :p lol

Now if only I could find a good way to keep the i7 laptop cool. Maybe sit it on a stand in front of an ac unit or something, dunno.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

KnightRid wrote:
I WILL run my ac if I have to :p lol

Now if only I could find a good way to keep the i7 laptop cool. Maybe sit it on a stand in front of an ac unit or something, dunno.

Dry Ice :)

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

Santa Ana conditions forming in my room......
'
:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

Gonna skip the contest this time around, my sis-in-law is still staying with us and is camped out in my office-turned-@#%@#%@-bedroom indefinitely. Anyway, it gets up to 80o in there so my WC PC has been shut down until 1) she makes up her mind what she's going to do with her life or 2) this fall.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Sporg wrote:Gonna skip the contest this time around, my sis-in-law is still staying with us and is camped out in my office-turned-@#%@#%@-bedroom indefinitely. Anyway, it gets up to 80o in there so my WC PC has been shut down until 1) she makes up her mind what she's going to do with her life or 2) this fall.
This is the smack thread so here is a friggin tissue :finga:

Now fold damn you. sis-in-law or not, FOLD

muahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahha
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

the team's PPD went down from 560K to under 300K :(

what's going on people? only 10 active members?! (the stats page shows 19 but in reality the 9 other ones aren't active anymore, just still showing their average)
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
spitter
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by spitter »

sbohdan wrote:the team's PPD went down from 560K to under 300K :(

what's going on people? only 10 active members?! (the stats page shows 19 but in reality the 9 other ones aren't active anymore, just still showing their average)

Normal for this time of year, alot of people shut down for the summer, I have shut down all my gpus.

Another team with the same problem:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/show ... p?t=681310
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

Yeah, I had to make all kinds of cooling improvements :)
11 different size fans on chips, power capacitors etc.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Cheyne55
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Cheyne55 »

This information is very constructive for correct planning. I like your work for providing information to the other.
I’ve been researching this topic for a few hours and found this post pretty helpful. Thanks for compiling the info in one spot.