Folding Challenge **Win Stuff, and help find the cure**

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

there is only 20 members that are actually active on our team :(

what is the reason some are quiting? this is a chance to use our hardware for a greater good and finally be able to say we can actually do something to make this world a little better...
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Thats why i started this challenge :) to try to get the number of members up. I will be away at CES for the next few days but i will be starting the process of figuing out points and all that :)
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

how about making couple of the regular monthly contestst available only to folding members? wouldn't that maybe make a difference (reactivate past folding members and possibly ad new ones to the team)? I know it sounds a bit extreme, on the other hand we all know that some people only join the forum to take part in the contests: it would make them contribute and possibly stay longer in the forums as well.
say: only people who reach at least 1000 points/month would be considered for the draw (just said 1000 because it can be reached even with a PIII) or something like that. just a suggestion :ANAL:
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

sbohdan wrote:
with your pace wouldn't take that much :P nice goin'
I wish I had more than one rig. with my single machine it's impossible to get 10K no matter what I do. but you can do it so go for it.
Thanx...you will get there, just takes longer with 1 cpu....

I like the monthly contest thing..and I thin a contest for people named Mike that fold no less than 10,000 a month would be a good one also ;) maybe a drawing for a nice 60" DLP ...oh yeaaaaaaaaa...my idea sounds WAYYYYY better..hehehee

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

let's not get greedy :mrgreen:
my suggestion is aimed at increasing folding performance of the LR team. what I'm saying that since we have monthly contests anyway, they could include an additional requirement (besides the min.10 posts) of some folding output. this might increase the number of the LR team and thus really make a difference in the team's position (we are currently nr.209 amongst other teams), might also make the lurkers and contest hunters become more permanent members.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... php?s=&p=3
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

lets just keep in mind that i am sponsering this contest out of MY pocket!!!!!
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

infinitevalence wrote:lets just keep in mind that i am sponsering this contest out of MY pocket!!!!!
I know infinitevalence. read what I said before. I was referring to the regular LR monthly contests. the goal: to greatly increase the folding output.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I think it is a really good idea...heck, if you have 4 things to give away in a month for the monthly giveaways, take 1 or 2 and designate them for folders only...I think it would make people sign up!! Oh, I would also put a date when they had to have started, like the previous month, that way people dont sign up just to have a chance at that months prize, then leave, expecially if they would win.

Would the sponsors let you do that? I figured since sites can say you have to post so many messages to be entered, this would be no different..??

Well it is a good idea, but I really have been enjoying folding...neat to see my score go up!!!

Mike

P.S. - I was kidding about the plasma

P.S.S. - Unless you have one laying around :lol:

"If you cant laugh at least once a day, do me a favor and just go away" - MINE..:) I will be famous for that some day, and I will mention all of you..hehehe
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

legit has done one "folders only" give away (that I know of)

http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopic.php?t=2297
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Ken: 8,408
Bubba: 6,643
Matt: 5,000
Blake: 3,262

Nice job guys.

Im off to CES today but when i get back i will see about getting you guys some prizes for your efforts :)
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

cool :)

have fun on the trip
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

WOOHOO - over 10,000!!!!!!!!

now my next goal is to hit the top 20!! then the top 10!

This is neat...feel like i actually did something good for a change ;)

Mike
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Well, after and RMA futzing with my CPU's I finally got my PC's straightened out so I'm back on the folding wagon. Time to open the windows again in that room 8)
Joe
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

gongrats knightrid :P keep up the heat (lower the heating bill :finga: )

welcome back JOE :) let's push some WU's :mrgreen:

FULL FOLDING AHEAD>>>

I'm trying to reach the 200 PPD :rolleyes: maybe I get it.
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

I've just made it to the nbr. 30 :finga: :drinkers:
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

sbohdan wrote:our team just dropped back to 210 :(

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... php?s=&p=3
I have both PC's going now so that should help. If I could get 2 instances to run on each we'd really be kicking ass :finga:
Joe
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

sbohdan wrote:I've just made it to the nbr. 30 :finga: :drinkers:
WOOHOO - next step - 20!!!! :)

we will take over that #1 spot soon ;)

Mike

Wierd how much fun this folding stuff is...wish there was a way to know if you actually folded something that was useful, personally I mean..not that this folding project did good things.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

KnightRid wrote:
sbohdan wrote:I've just made it to the nbr. 30 :finga: :drinkers:
WOOHOO - next step - 20!!!! :)

we will take over that #1 spot soon ;)

Mike

Wierd how much fun this folding stuff is...wish there was a way to know if you actually folded something that was useful, personally I mean..not that this folding project did good things.
I have my eye on 5th place......Apop you'd better watch out :axe:
It will only take 6mths....LOL
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I just want into the top 10, going to take 3 months at my current rate, then hanging onto it... that will be a challenge.