Hot Temps!

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Hot Temps!

Post by vbironchef »

I made a post on the Nvidia grapic card thread complaining about my temps on my evga 570's. Went over to f@h forums to see if anyone else was having issues with temps and here I found this post and thread. http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=20878 Is anyone else having temp issues with gpu folding? My fan speed is now running at 80% now and never did before.
spitter
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Hot Temps!

Post by spitter »

New work units run a little bit hotter 6-10c, project 8031-8033.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

I'm running Project: 8032 (Run 13, Clone 399, Gen 0) Just like you said about temps. I think I'm just going to run one WU a day for now on each rig.
brickman61
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by brickman61 »

I'm glad I saw this post!

I stopped folding a day and a half ago because my 560Ti was running too hot, I thought my card was failing. It hit 92C before I shut it down, it usually runs in the low to mid 70's. I'm going to clean the GPU (long overdue) and see if that helps, if not I may have to reduce my OC a bit.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

These new WU's up 60 watts on usage. I have read that people have come home from work to find that their psu was dead and it trips battery back-up surge protectors. On the + side they give more points.