F@Hv5 now final and available for download

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

F@Hv5 now final and available for download

Post by Apoptosis »

I've been using version 4.02, but just noticed that a new client was released this month!

The v.5.00 client is now on the main download pagefor Windows and Linux. For those who are interested the full v.5 change log can be viewed by clicking on the appropriate version number link on the download page.

Good luck and happy folding on the new client! :supz:
Flux
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Flux »

They do the same thing for finding life on other planets. At Truman one guy devoted his computer to deciphering data from radio waves in space or somthing....
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Yeah that one is called SETI, but we are working on FOLDING @ HOME since it serves a better purpose... Problems that you and I will face in our lifetime. Download it and get in on that new computer you just built up. Since it's an AMD system let it run at 60% so you can use it and not tell it is there. I run mine 24-7 at 50% and can't tell (just turn it off in games).
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

I run mine at 100% on my 1700+ and I can't tell the difference. The reason why is because it runs as a low priorty process. So, for instance, when I run a computer program, like Outlook, that program has a higher priority than Folding at Home. I can't tell any difference in my computer's performance when Folding at Home is running and when it is not.