Top 5%!!!!

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Top 5%!!!!

Post by Amy »

:D Way to go, everyone!! We have now made it to the TOP 5%!!!!! You all have been doing a FANTASTIC job -- we are now up to 17 members, 39 CPUs, and over 400 work units! I cannot believe how quickly we are climbing up the ladder here. It's only going to get more difficult to move up from here, so everyone is going to need to work extra hard to get new recruits so we can climb even higher!

New goals:
1000 work units
25 members
top 2.5%

Keep up the great work, everyone! :supz:
eric m.
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by eric m. »

well, it has been almost a week since i started folding and it has been a lot of fun watching the progress of the team (and also me of course :) ). once i get my real home computer up and running i should be able to help even more. right now i just have a couple machines at work and my girlfriends computer folding, but they are all older computers. still, every little bit helps.

i'm going to keep this up as long as possible and watch the progess of the team. 2.5% is a pretty big goal. i think there are lots of small teams but once it gets to the top few percent, then you start seeing the big teams kind of dominating.

oh, one more thing. if you are running google toolbar and it automatically updates itself and tries to install folding@home extensions to the toolbar, just click no or you will be cutting your cpu power in half by sharing with the google team. i'm sure everyone knows this but i wanted to mention it.
P4C800-E dlx â–‘ 3.2e @4ghz â–‘ 9600XT â–‘ 510 deluxe PSU â–‘ danger den â–‘ hyperX
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

We are glad to have you here, and apriciate every little bit of help you can give. And thanks for the FYI on the google toolbar.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

2.5% is a pretty big goal
Okay, you're right -- I wasn't thinking about how things will inevitable slow down because we are getting up towards the larger teams. 2.5% will be more of a long-term goal.

Current short term goal:
top 4%
eric m.
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by eric m. »

ok here is the deal. i don't want to sound discouraging because everyone here is doing a great job and we're totally on the right track. BUT here is what we would need to do to be in the top 100 or top 50:

top 100: 1,250,000 points (25,000 WU)
top 50: 3 million points

right now we have around 30,000 points. so we have a little ways to go to be number one. the guys at the top have like 50 processors each which is smart but not all of us can work that kind of magic. i can see if you are the main IT guy at a big company and you went around installing f@h on every computer and letting it run, you could rack up some major points. so that probably throws off the scale a little. still, to be in the top 500 or so would be pretty cool i think.
P4C800-E dlx â–‘ 3.2e @4ghz â–‘ 9600XT â–‘ 510 deluxe PSU â–‘ danger den â–‘ hyperX
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

Wow -- we are really climbing! We are already in the top 1500 of over 33,000 teams!! Way to go, everyone!! Also we're up to 18 members with over 40 active cpus! You all are awesome! Keep up the great work!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

While top 100 is a ways out (if even possible) it's fun to make a run for it and level out. Right now we are climbing. Eventually we will hit a spot where we will level out around like teams;)