Slow Win XP boot-up

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
tnhayes
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by tnhayes »

I've just rebuilt my system putting in an Intel D945GNT motherboard, D945 processor and 2GB of memory. I have 3 physical SCSI hard drives and 1 IDE HD, 1 CDRW and 1 DVDRW. All partitions are NTFS.

I installed XP Pro and there is an approximate 2 minute delay between the initial display of the splash and the start of the actual system load process. My system drive is a 10,000RPM device and quite noisy when it seeks so I am able to hear the start of the load.

The problem appears to be in the boot loader itself and not in services or other programs that might run once the XP kernel has loaded.
Sircoelho
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: Slow Win XP boot-up

Post by Sircoelho »

Download and install BootVis. This is a tool provided by Microsoft it will analyse the entire boot process and you will able to check what is slowing your boot.
stereo55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by stereo55 »

Try booting with two processors as this "should" help boot times ...

XP : Start>run>msconfig>boot tab>advance>click the processor box, and select 2 for dual core
* i7 5930K @ 4GHz 1.085v - Corsair H100i GTX - Asrock x99 OC Formula 3.1
* Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb - HGST NAS 3TB - 2x WD Blue 1TB - 32gig Crucial 2133 - EVGA 980 Ti Classified - Corsair 780T/Seasonic 760 Platinum
* LG 34" Ultra Wide - Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5" - LG WH16NS40 Blu Burner - SoundBlaster Z - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel
* Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows 10
* Retired game rig i7 920 @ 3.9 - EVGA x58 - still going strong!

Heatware
Jorge Stephens
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Jorge Stephens »

Hi Roger,

I think ur PC got lots of garbage on it..this might be reason for slow booting..I think u should fully optimize
ur PC with some optimization tool..i faced this prob in past...tried some softwares like Ace utilities , Advanced System Optimizer , PC utilities..they all works f9..but i can say Advanced System Optimizer is best optimizer in all..it has load of utilities that can speed up PC performance..right now i m using it for regular maintenance for my PC..& really helped me.
U can download it 4m Cnet.