Any other Vista user have a problem with Windows 7

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Any other Vista user have a problem with Windows 7

Post by Nobahar »

I like Windows 7, it's just it seems like it is just a copy of Windows Vista optimized to be faster. So instead of doing a SP3, they released it under a new franchise to make money off current Vista users to upgrade, and persuade all the Vista-haters who still use XP to finally upgrade.

I feel like Vista users are getting the short end of the stick. I don't have performance issues with Vista, since I'm not really a gamer. I play World of Warcraft but I don't really think Windows 7 will give me more FPS than is limited by my graphics card and ram.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any other Vista user have a problem with Windows 7

Post by Apoptosis »

Usually moving to a new OS won't magically increase your games FPS, but it will add new features. Plus Vista got a bad vibe from day one, so they need to move on to the next ASAP once they get things figured out.

With Directx 11 being added and TRIM for SSDs I'm more than happy with paying a little something for it. Plus it has been 3 years, so I can understand launching a new OS. remember Windows 95 -> 98 -> ME -> 2000 -> XP all came out ~2-3 years of eachother... From 2002 to 2007 we were stuck with XP till Vista came out... I hope Microsoft gets back to a ~3 year schedule and gets their act together.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

I agree about DX11, but it is being released for both Vista and 7. It's not exclusive. Seems like every other operating system had a bad vibe, wouldn't surprise me at all if the one in three years flops.

It's just Windows 7 isn't particularly different from Vista, it's just optimized to be more efficient and faster. It's what Vista should have been when it was released.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

After Win 98SE there was ME. It wasn't very different from 98SE but still was a new OS.
IRQ Conflict
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

I think Win7 is going to be the Obama of OS's. Lotsa, well, nothing special after all. They have fixed a few minor niggles but at the end of the day there is nothing to really prompt me from moving from Vista to 7.
-Rampage- Motherboard: Asus Rampage Formula CPU: Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz Cooling: OCZ Vendetta 2 Ram: 4GB OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500 5-5-5-15 @ 540Mhz Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB/4x 500GB Barracuda 7200.11 Raid 0 Power Supply: PC P&C Silencer 750 Quad Case: Antec P180B Monitor: Syncmaster 245T OS: Vista 64bit
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

It is a very pretty OS, but I decided to go back to XP on my netbook due to the battery life comparison.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit