Problems installing Vista SP2

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
Razorbacx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Problems installing Vista SP2

Post by Razorbacx »

Just started to dl Vista SP2 and I'm getting a driver incompatibility error message for driver MSDSM. Last thing I want to do is dl this thing and have issues with my pc. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

Razorbacx
Don't ask me, cause I know nothing! I'm lost in this world of technology and am barely holding my head above water. Thank the Good Lord for LR, otherwise I would have drowned years ago.
ratNukit
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Problems installing Vista SP2

Post by ratNukit »

Hey there,

had similar problems with SP2 for Vista, I couldn't get it to work even after two days of trying, there was error and incompatability messages and as soon as I cleared that there just were more :evil:
Even downloaded from 3 different servers, but same messages no matter what, friend of mine had the same problem though different version of vista.

In the end we just waited until MSDNAA released Win7 Pro, which was a few days ago.

Your PC wont have issues by trying to install it, most likely the install will just fail and you'll end up not being able to have SP2.
Razorbacx
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Razorbacx »

Sucks....I can't find any info on this particular issue. I've found where others have had the same error message, but there's no viable fix. Nate, what say you?
Don't ask me, cause I know nothing! I'm lost in this world of technology and am barely holding my head above water. Thank the Good Lord for LR, otherwise I would have drowned years ago.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I honestly haven't had any issues installing SP2 or have had any since. So far I've seen 4 website where a resolution says to UN-install a hotfix (KB972036) then install SP2..I'm sure you might have saw it but I can't find anything else besides that..some say it worked and some say it didn't.

2 sites that mentioned it

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... 5643096d18

http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/micros ... msdsm.html
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro