Right-Click Problem in Vista?

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
InFuZiOn
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Right-Click Problem in Vista?

Post by InFuZiOn »

I just got my computer back from HP's warranty repair center with a new motherboard for free and once I loaded everything from my external back up drive and got all my programs running, windows updated, files transferred, etc etc I basically lost the ability to right click on anything like to access that menu on the desktop or to click empty the trashcan or those types of things. I'm able to do it in Firefox and Internet Explorer though which is what's confusing me. Could I have a virus somehow or did something mess up when I transferred my files? I'm not quite sure what to do :X Save me once again LR members! <3
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Right-Click Problem in Vista?

Post by Major_A »

Click the start button and type in chkdsk :c /f and restart. If that doesn't help then insert the OEM Windows disc assuming you have it, and type "sfc /scannow".
InFuZiOn
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InFuZiOn »

Wow! First suggestion fixed it perfectly! Thank you so much! I was really dreading formatting and starting over but can you tell me what causes that and why a check disk command fixes it? I'm really curious about what was making it happen.

Butttttt THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN LR FOR SAVING ME!! THIS IS WHY I COME HERE FIRST!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Don't really know why Windows does what it does sometimes. But I'm glad you got it working.