Can I use the My current Windows Vista key that im using

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
cwesc
Legit User
Legit User

Can I use the My current Windows Vista key that im using

Post by cwesc »

Can I use the same Windows Vista key that I'm using right now on this computer for a 64 bit version ;currently I'm using the key for a 32 bit sytem but I want to download and verify the same version of windows but the 64 bit version on this same comoputer.

If i can is their a safe place to get a 64 bit cd or is my only option through ebay.

And would a 64 bit OS be too much for my intel 8500? (i have 4 gigs of ram thats why i kind of want to upgrade mainly for a game)
Sventek
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: Can I use the My current Windows Vista key that im using

Post by Sventek »

It depends on the version you purchased. If it is a full retail copy then the key should work, if it is an OEM or various other 'special' key then it will not.

As for where to get a disk, I am not sure what type of proof of purchase they require but try http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;e ... &x=13&y=10

"Too much" not really, if you are only running 4 GB though it may not be worth the hassle of fully reinstalling especially for vista. An upgrade to 7 though would be worth it IMO.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Can I use the My current Windows Vista key that im using

Post by Major_A »

I have a student copy of Vista Ultimate x86, but I can install Vista Ultimate x64 using the same serial. Give it a shot, only one way to find out.