Windows Aggravation Need Help

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Windows Aggravation Need Help

Post by Major_A »

Running Windows 7 Professional x64 and it's aggravating the s**t out of me. Every folder I open is set to Details view. I like some as details, some as large thumbnails, some as lists, etc... How can I fix Windows where it will remember how I tell it to display the folder?
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Windows Aggravation Need Help

Post by vbironchef »

Have you tried Taskbar and Start Menu properties? Do you know about God Mode? It gives a more detailed description of things to do. GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} Step by step instructions are here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/GodMod ... ,9345.html
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Thanks. Forgot about God Mode completely. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

I opened up my "God Mode" but couldn't find anything that I thought would resolve it either. Let me know if you find the fix as I too don't like the details, I prefer the large icons, especially for my music, video and picture files.
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Never really had it get stuck one way or the other.

but when I build a rig first thing I do is go to any folder, set it the way I want to look then go to the Tools>Folder Options and force all folders to look that way.

Then as I change folders (mainly for images) it just remembers that I have set the folder to "thumbnail" view.

But outside of images I hate the thumbnail view with a passion.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Open windows explorer, highlight folder and open it, right click inside the open folder, select View from pop-up menu, and then select item from the list (Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, Details, List, etc.,)
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

bubba wrote:Never really had it get stuck one way or the other.

but when I build a rig first thing I do is go to any folder, set it the way I want to look then go to the Tools>Folder Options and force all folders to look that way.

Then as I change folders (mainly for images) it just remembers that I have set the folder to "thumbnail" view.

But outside of images I hate the thumbnail view with a passion.
I'll give it a shot. I just noticed too that there's an option to Restore Defaults in the folder view option.
vbironchef wrote:Open windows explorer, highlight folder and open it, right click inside the open folder, select View from pop-up menu, and then select item from the list (Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, Details, List, etc.,)
Been doing this for a while. Just a little differently. I hit the "Change your view." button at the top right of the window. I like my Games folder to display as large icons. I can hit that button. Exit out of the folder, mess around for a bit, come back and it's back to the details view. This is without restarting the computer, logging out/back in, just leaving the folder messes with it.

*EDIT*
Haven't figured out a fix yet. I did try the suggestions posted without success.