Windows XP SP2 RC2

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Windows XP SP2 RC2

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Windows XP SP2 RC2 has been released and should be at the Windows Update site today. For all the Beta testers out there, you can get it now at you local Beta test site.......... :shock:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

let us know how it goes! I'd be interested in knowing!
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Will do, I'm downloading it still......limited bandwidth........I'm using build 2142 right now and it has been problem free for me the whole time.........RC2 is build 2149, it must be getting close to finial. I also got a email MS Beta Friday asking for shipping info, so the RC2 or finial will be coming on CD as well, RC1 did come on CD as well as their update CD. MS has a download for a complete update CD w/SP RC2, just to big for me on a satellite ISP. (159 meg in 4 hours limit)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

DirectWay? Sounds like you really are in the back woods of Missouri.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

WOW that realy is the back woods :) sounds like my dads house. when he built the house he had to look at all the economic costs of choosing between going off grid or having power lines run to his house.

As for RC2... im hoping that its better than the last RC. i heard so may horror stories of people hosing their entire systems with RC1
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I've been pretty lucky with the different builds so far...... :shock: Only Build 2120 gave me problems, caused IE to crash everytime you went to check on the properties of anything on the Web. (2120 was a build after RC1) I just installed RC2 just now and it's working great so far. The uninstall of the last build (2142) and the new install of this build (2149) went off without any problems, no driver problems or anything............... :D

Yup, I'm using Direcway right now..........really sucks sometimes, but it's the only high speed option we have out here till they start up that new Broadband Over Power Lines. I hope it starts up soon cause of the limits on Direcway and they crapy speeds everytime the weather changes of the outages when it rains........ :(
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

wow... I can't believe the change over went smoothly! Great News!

Also... My buddy had Directway and was so happy when his 1 year contract ended. He found out about the transfer limit also... Got nailed for days after that.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Yup, you really have to watch downloads close as not to go over.......really sucks when I have to download large files for this beta testing........have to spread it out over about 6 hours or so so they won't lock you out. And even if it's their fault for some reason they still won't turn it back on till the penalty time is up cause their phone support is in India and the satellite control is in the US........and the shits don't understand what you're saying most of the time anyway........ :twisted: