driver-disc.com???

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

driver-disc.com???

Post by camaroguy1998 »

Is anyone familiar or have used driver-disc.com?
I need a recovery kit(discs) for an HP p6204y PC. The HDD failed and there are no discs available.
driver-disc.com offers the OS and Driver discs for $19.95 and I'm considering it.
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
KnightRid

Re: driver-disc.com???

Post by KnightRid »

I would contact HP support first before trying an outside source. Make sure your label is ok on the bottom with your key for windows too or else you wont be able to recover at all.

have you tried a recovery program to see if you can restore the partition to another hard drive?

I never used that website, I always have gone through the manufacturer direct or else just installed a clean Windows version using the product key from the device and then downloading the drivers/software from the manufacturers website if windows did not have them built in.

*CLIMB SOAPBOX*

ALWAYS make recovery discs as the manufacturers are too cheap to include any with your device anymore. Sad state of affairs but I run into this a ton with just family, friends, friends of friends, etc.

*STEP DOWN FROM SOAPBOX*

:mrgreen:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

KnightRid wrote:I would contact HP support first before trying an outside source. Make sure your label is ok on the bottom with your key for windows too or else you wont be able to recover at all.

have you tried a recovery program to see if you can restore the partition to another hard drive?

I never used that website, I always have gone through the manufacturer direct or else just installed a clean Windows version using the product key from the device and then downloading the drivers/software from the manufacturers website if windows did not have them built in.

*CLIMB SOAPBOX*

ALWAYS make recovery discs as the manufacturers are too cheap to include any with your device anymore. Sad state of affairs but I run into this a ton with just family, friends, friends of friends, etc.

*STEP DOWN FROM SOAPBOX*

:mrgreen:
I already contacted HP, they no longer support this model! I was able to retrieve the code key for windows and there is one on the win7 sticker on the case! Strange thing there, they do not match! :shock:
I was given this computer as a struggling unit. I was pretty sure Win7 was corrupted a few functions would not work(windows update...etc...) I did a system recovery with the idea of making a set of discs when I was done with the recovery! That didn't work out so well, after the recovery was complete the HDD failed in less than 2hrs after struggling still.
I did load windows from an old disc I had using the key from the label and it worked. I used an old small SSD to load it on, so I ordered a larger one for a permanent replacement!

I got your Soapbox message! ](*,)
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

LOL I am glad you got windows back on it! I auto backup my main system once a week to my NAS but the laptops get backed up rarely, but I dont have anything really important on them.

Gotta love how fast companies stop supporting their products.

You could have installed Linux too!
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: