Win 10 Startup Error Messege

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
xevious
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Win 10 Startup Error Messege

Post by xevious »

I get the following error whenever i start up Win 10

---------------------------
Error
An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B). Please reinstall the product or contact support.
OK

How do i identify what the program in question is?
P5B Deluxe/wifi
E6400 @2.72
Kingwin 12025 cooler (Xigmatek S1283)
evga 8600gt (790, 930, 1738)
ocz platinum rev 2. 2gb (850)
KnightRid

Re: Win 10 Startup Error Messege

Post by KnightRid »

I would check the list of programs that are starting with windows itself in msconfig and see if one looks troubling (malware, etc). If not I would try and load each of the programs manually (should not be that many) until that error shows. From what I was reading it can be cause by a 32bit dll in a 64bit environment, so running a 32bit program in a 64bit os (although I dont see the problem with that it said the dll files could cause problems).

I hate windows generic error messages that don't tell you squat!

Also, if you cant manually start the programs in the startup portion of msconfig then you could disable them one at a time and restart to see which one it is also.

Let me know if any of that helps as I have always found generic windows errors can be a lot of manual work to figure out.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
AdrianG001
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Win 10 Startup Error Messege

Post by AdrianG001 »

xevious wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 12:02 pm I get the following error whenever i start up Win 10

Error
An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B). Please reinstall the product or contact support.
OK

How do i identify what the program in question is?

Please run SFC /SCANNOW command at administrative Command Prompt and see if that helps.

Hope this helps, Good luck :)

Regards,
Adrian